Los Angeles Kings

ScotM

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive. Don't get me wrong this is a very amazing logo, but I have a few critiques. First of all where's the color? And secondly I would try to fit the crown more naturally on the lion's head it sort of looks out of place, the curvy elegant lion and then the angular blocky crown, just try to smooth it in more. Otherwise great job!

I agree, there's something not quite right about that eye. And the colour is a problem too, upon further view. I think I'm gonna go with a gold instead of grey and a less washed out looking black.

How's this:

kings1.jpg

the silver/black lion's eye placement was a lot better. I feel like I've seen this lion before though...specifically on a user's avatar on here. I think he posts a lot in the requests section...maybe i'm mistaken

Here it is in grey, with a darker black and the eye farther to the right. As a secondary I don't think it necessarily needs to be aggressive looking:

kings3.jpg

I agree the grey is a stronger colour.

Edit: No worries, I think all the crowns and suns and lions begin to look alike after a while.

well, I think you need to take the first image and retrace it in whichever program you are using if you can, while making the lion's over shape more shield like. More patch/heart/symbol like. I think that is the major thing that is messing it up for me. I think it needs to be smoother and less blob-esque.I like everything about the first one better. the eye placement and shape was perfect.

After you do you that, I would take the crown and draw it to be facing the same direction as the lion and not just a flat forward crown stuck on the lion. Same with the jewel on the crown. The stroke outline also needs to be longer.

I like the grey/black color scheme the best. (though purple wouldn't be a bad addition) and I get what you are sayin ;) they kinda blend together

Good start, but I'm still not feeling the lion and the crown being part of one image. What I'm thinking might help is if you press the hair down where the crown sits. As it reads now the crown has no weight and is delicately floating on the top of the lion's hair. Some shadow underneath the crown may help too.

did you do both parts of that logo? the lion looks completely different from the crown...almost as though each was designed by a different designer...

as a result, the crown looks like it has simply been placed on top the lion logo, rather than it looking like the lion is wearing a crown

jldesigns404eo.png

I've reworked the lion and dropped the crown. I'm still not sold on the colours, but it's getting a lot closer:

kings4.jpg

I also started work on the tertiary logo:

kings5.jpg

I'm happy with the KINGS font, but not completely happy with the LOS ANGELES. C & C welcome.

Archived