Celtics Legacy Concept

Discrim

Would you like to see a full-blown Legacy project?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 years ago to the day, in Game 7 of the 1965 Eastern Conference Finals...a miracle happened and a legend was born...

"Greer is putting the ball into play. He gets it out deep... Havlicek steals it. Over to Sam Jones. Havlicek stole the ball! It's all over! Johnny Havlicek stole the ball!"
to that end, i present my newest concept, Celtics Legacy

hondo.gif

(updated to correct a few things) the main thing is what i did with the shorts...the key features are gold instead of white as this is to commemorate their 16 titles, and each title year on the shorts, with the titles that particular player brought to Beantown highlighted in green.

Ball's now in your court...quick before Hondo steals that too! :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't think this really fits the Celtics. Nice try though.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I sorta like it...

The gold is an interesting touch, and changing the curve style of "CELTICS" isn't bad. I'm just not a big fan of the years of their NBA championship victories, even though it goes with the whole legacy concept.

Aside from the numbers, I would probably either eliminate "BOSTON" from the waist band of the shorts, or change the font to match the font of "CELTICS" on the jersey. And of course add the stripes to the shorts, but you already addressed that... perhaps in a updated version.

Otherwise, good work. I like it. Too bad the Knicks only have 2 titles, or it would be cool to see that in good ol' orange & blue.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

How? :therock: It captures the history and vintage style of the Celtics. As a South Boston resident, I can surely say that I am touched. I love the vintage-feel to this jersey.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

thanks everybody, and now a word from our sponsor

brassbonanza hit it on the head, one of the rare times i went for vintage instead of TATC. as you can see i tried to replicate teh CELTICS lettering from the 50s and 60s as opposed to the modern wordmark. i wanted to stay true to the Celtics' tradition while adding a little something (in this case, reminiscent of national teams wearing a star for every World Cup they've won). even though touching traditional uniforms has proven tricky here, i believe i've succeeded.

now that i've done this, i think maybe i'll see how versions for the Habs, Niners and Dodgers fly. this should be fun...and for my criteria, a team has to have at least four titles for me to create a 'legacy' jersey. i might do college too, but that's highly unlikely right now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

How? :therock: It captures the history and vintage style of the Celtics. As a South Boston resident, I can surely say that I am touched. I love the vintage-feel to this jersey.

It may be good for a plaque but I don't think they would ever wear something like that onto the court.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It may be good for a plaque but I don't think they would ever wear something like that onto the court.

If you could get the gold to look metallic, this would be pretty cool. As it is, it would look like they had green numbers painted on bare chests.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Well, while you're at it you might as well change "Celtics" to "Boston". That would give it more of a vintage feel!

Retired Number's To Come

Archived