Cowboys to possibly tweak uniforms

slats7

I like it the way it is, inconsistent or not.

Im with you. I think its cool. Its unique and part of thier look, which is one of the very best looks in the NFL.

Yes, having colors that don't match are really cool.

The 'Boys uniforms suck and are cheap looking.

Wow. dennisbergan and I agree. Look at that.

Yeah, the Cowboys COULD have a classic looking identity, but they don't. They need to standardize the uniforms. Pick a jersey style, pick a shade of silver, pick a shade of blue, and run with it. There's no excuse for this mismatching nonsense in this day and age.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Cowboys COULD have a classic looking identity, but they don't. They need to standardize the uniforms. Pick a jersey style, pick a shade of silver, pick a shade of blue, and run with it. There's no excuse for this mismatching nonsense in this day and age.

I agree. The 70's look would be perfect. Bluish-silver, dark royal blue, blue jersey in the same style as the white, and bring back the striped socks for good measure. The Cowboys immdiately go from an embarrassing mismatch of crap to an iconic look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It continues to astound me that teams belonging to a multi-billion dollar enterprise with the popularity and resources of the NFL aren't more concerned with their visual identities, especially in the HD age.

On the contrary - they do care, a lot, which is precisely why this is an issue.

The Cowboys fine-tuned their color schemes and adopted the green pants in an attempt to get their various silvers to match on television. Now television technology has changed, and therefore the uniforms must be changed again so all the silvers match on television. But like all established brands, the Cowboys are pretty conservative when it comes to uniform changes. They are extremely concerned about their visual identity, and know that evey change will resonate with fans. Even fixing what now appears to be a mistake.

Archived