Yankees Concept

LetsGoOakland9

I love the uniforms but that "Yankees" script is a bit cheap-looking. Maybe you should try finding a font more similar to their current script. I also don't like the Copperplate NOB on the alternate, a simple athletic block would look better or even no NOB at all.

Overall, the presentation could be improved as well. The scripts, numbers, and logos look like they've been resized multiple times and are therefore blurry. Just make sure on your next concept to reduce this blurriness.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I see Colorado Rockies font for the New York script, which the colour is way off from the other blues. No. 42 is retired through out the league btw. The hats should remain all blue.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I see Colorado Rockies font for the New York script, which the colour is way off from the other blues. No. 42 is retired through out the league btw. The hats should remain all blue.

This is true but Mariano Rivera wears the number.

Not a fan of the alternate hat or the sleeveless jerseys. The logos are pretty nice.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Yeah, that still is Mariano Rivera's number.

I'm not sure that I really like the cut-offs for the Yankees, and I think that you should really make the numbers smaller, and the logos clearer.

RockiesSig.png

Because you speak for ALL Yankees fans, right?

I'm no Yankees fan, but I'd certainly like to see them loosen up and introduce an alternate.

Yankee fans don't want an alternate. Much like Browns fans don't want a logo on their helmet. It is a universal truth.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Because you speak for ALL Yankees fans, right?

I'm no Yankees fan, but I'd certainly like to see them loosen up and introduce an alternate.

Its too traditional of a ball club, especially a BASEBALL club, to do something like that.

They have fashion jerseys out there for peeps like you.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I revised my design a bit. When thinking of my Yankees concept I thought a sleeveless jersey would look good, but seeing it it just didnt look right. I took all your guys' critisms and made changes. I made sure all the blues matched, made the back numbers smaller, and cleaned up the scripts and logos. I used a new number style for the away unis, but I can't decide if I like it more than regular block style numbers. Tell me what you think of them.

Yankees_Concept_Logos-1.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Scripts-1.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Home-2.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Away-1.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Alt-1.jpg

I revised my design a bit. When thinking of my Yankees concept I thought a sleeveless jersey would look good, but seeing it it just didnt look right. I took all your guys' critisms and made changes. I made sure all the blues matched, made the back numbers smaller, and cleaned up the scripts and logos. I used a new number style for the away unis, but I can't decide if I like it more than regular block style numbers. Tell me what you think of them.

Yankees_Concept_Logos-1.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Scripts-1.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Home-2.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Away-1.jpg

Yankees_Concept_Alt-1.jpg

You still have an alternate...

Its too traditional of a ball club, especially a BASEBALL club, to do something like that.

To do something like THAT? You speak of it like it's against the bible to do such a thing. Have you ever heard of the Boston Red Sox? How about the White Sox? Maybe the Cincinnati Reds? Perhaps the Cubs, Phillies, or Pirates ring a bell? Guess what they all have in common; alternates. They all have alternates. Some even have...get ready for it...TWO alternates :shocked: . They all were established in the same year or prior to the year of the Yankees' establishment. What makes them any less "traditional" than the Yankees? I'm sure if you a bunch of Chicago fans that the Cubs/White Sox are less traditional than the Yankees, you might change you're mind in a minute or two. And "peeps like you"? Come on, man, you are seriously thinking that the majority of Yankee fans would disown the team for introducing an alternate? Let alone because your friend told you so? Yeah, that makes loads of sense.

Leave him alone. If you're going to B*tch about this thread, then why bother sticking your nose in it in the first place. No one likes a downer.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

. . .and by the way, Oakland, I'm really liking your progress so far, but I agree with Generic, the font for New York may have some room for improvement. Good job so far ;)

ayr02r.gif

To do something like THAT? You speak of it like it's against the bible to do such a thing. Have you ever heard of the Boston Red Sox? How about the White Sox? Maybe the Cincinnati Reds? Perhaps the Cubs, Phillies, or Pirates ring a bell? Guess what they all have in common; alternates. They all have alternates. Some even have...get ready for it...TWO alternates :shocked: . They all were established in the same year or prior to the year of the Yankees' establishment. What makes them any less "traditional" than the Yankees? I'm sure if you a bunch of Chicago fans that the Cubs/White Sox are less traditional than the Yankees, you might change you're mind in a minute or two. And "peeps like you"? Come on, man, you are seriously thinking that the majority of Yankee fans would disown the team for introducing an alternate? Let alone because your friend told you so? Yeah, that makes loads of sense.

Leave him alone. If you're going to B*tch about this thread, then why bother sticking your nose in it in the first place. No one likes a downer.

Hey listen man, chill our a tad. I know many folks from new york (used to live there) and trust me there is a prevailing anti-sentiment toward an alt. jersey.

If they do have an alternate, then fine - but it needs to be precise and simple, no different colored bill, no razzle dazzle font. Yankees fans like to keep it simple. At most, use a darnk navy jersey with NY on the chest. No name on back.

Something else to consider for this team is the owner, George steinbrenner. He is known for a very strict, staunch, conservative approach towards guiding the team. He actually has a rule stating that players cannot grow facial hair. Can you believe it?

When those other teams you mentioned are so entrenched in history that they tend to have rules like that, then come back. Until then, the yankees will for sure ne the pioneers of long-term serious tradition, for years and years to come.

I wasn't upset, I was just utterly confused among all other feelings by how determined you were to not have a alternate included in a set. I could have sworn I clicked on the "Concept" page, not the "Going Into Production Tomorrow" page. :upside:

ayr02r.gif

Loogodude, its a concept. The guy's working on his skills and posting what he thinks the Yankees should wear. He doesn't care if Joe Yankeefan in the Bronx will accept an alternate jersey or not. It's irrelevant, 100% irrelevant, so drop it.

If you're going to add constructive criticism, go for it. But saying that the only good Yankees jersey is exactly what they have is both counter-productive and moronic. If you can't understand the purpose of the Concepts forum, perhaps you don't belong in here.

And to Oakland, you're definitely getting better, but I think you need to try matching the numbers on all the jerseys. I think it would be a big help in tying your whole set together. The different-numbered roads feel like they aren't a part of the rest of the set.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Look man, I dont look for problems. Just giving my honest two cents. Im sorry if I came across as harsh, but thats because I like to envision conepts on the field being used. Im sorry if i can take that too far sometimes, but its because i look for concepts that have a great change of being used. ITs not a knock on his design skills.

Really? The Tigers, Reds, Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Phillies, Cardinals*, Pirates, and Giants all had no qualms introducing various alternates throughout the years despite their status as "traditional" ball clubs.

And as far as overall "traditional" sports teams go (which you also implied a comparison to), the Bears, NFL Cardinals, Browns, Lions, Packers, NFL Giants, Eagles, Celtics, Bulls, Pistons, Lakers, Knicks, Sixers, Bucks, Sonics/Thunder, Bruins, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Canadiens, NHL Rangers, and Maple Leafs have all worn alternates or will wear them at some point or another.

The Yankees are not above any other team in baseball or sports overall except for in championships and payroll. If they never introduce an alternate ever, more power to them, but don't act like their long, storied existence prevents them from ever donning an alternate jersey in the future.

*Yes, the Cardinals actually wore red alternate uniforms one game which were then auctioned off for charity.

No thanks, fashion jerseys are hideous and hardly ever match the teams' identities. The only fashion jersey I've ever liked is this Mets Players' Choice fashion jersey because the dark pinstripe / racing stripe look actually looks classy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived