USFL Awakening

lancebridwell

Now before I post the jerseys, I would like to know which one looks better.

Ver. #1

35mf7z4.jpg

Ver. #2

10hrqy8.jpg

The bandanna has been bothering me extensively, and I would love some help deciding which one looks better.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Tampa Bay Bandits (Southeast Division)

Primary and Alternate logos

10hrqy8.jpg

34td7ut.jpg

I'l be honest I thought version one of the primary logo had far more potential than version two, which you've gone with. Yes it needed a little work to prevent the "beak" issue but the shading/stylising on it was far more realistic and far more eloquent than the two random triangles you've dropped on in version two to indicate shading. Which quite frankly have little or no bearing on reality and as a result add nothing to the design, imo you'd be better off without them.

The alt logo suffers the same problem the shading on the bandana bas just been placed randomly on one side and then mirrored to the other that would never happen in reality and as such gives the impression that little thought or consideration has been given to that part of the design. The hat on the alt without being personal is terrible. It completely contradicts reality and your primary logo wich is actually very accurate. To see what I mean make both logos the same height then align them next to one another and draw horizontal lines from the top of the hat the highest points where the sides roll up and from the tip and the brim of the hat. ALL these locations should match up EXACTLY in the alt logo as all it is is the same character from the front, but if you do it you'll see the number of ways that the two hats vary wildly from one another.

I'd also look at swapping the fonts over on the wordmark as well, you've used the font with the finest detail for the smallest text and the smoother more flowing script text which would be more legible at a smaller size for the main name.

I dont have an issue with the whole vertical/horizontal ratio thing I think that part of the stylisation works really well, and adds a bit of implied speed and movement to what could be an otherwise pretty static looking design if drawn to accurate proportions, so stick with that but there are other areas of the logo that need work in order to get the best out of it.

Look forward to seeing the progression.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Tampa Bay Bandits (Southeast Division)

Primary and Alternate logos

10hrqy8.jpg

34td7ut.jpg

Home

2hi7z95.jpg

Away

2wd0ze8.jpg

Alt

ei5wxx.jpg

Looks a little too much like the logo of the defunct Ottawa Renegades of the CFL.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Got some teams to suggest to you:

Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers

New Jersey Generals

Los Angeles Express

Chicago Blitz

Memphis Showboats

Houston Gamblers

Jacksonville Bulls

Washington Federals

Denver Gold

Philadelphia Stars

Michigan Panthers

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Got some teams to suggest to you:

Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers

New Jersey Generals

Los Angeles Express

Chicago Blitz

Memphis Showboats

Houston Gamblers

Jacksonville Bulls

Washington Federals

Denver Gold

Philadelphia Stars

Michigan Panthers

What? No Arizona Gamblers? The Gamblers' second-season unis and the Panthers' unis were the best in the USFL.

Packers-2.png

Archived