USFL Awakening

lancebridwell

Bump off of page 2. No C&C?

Much better shading on the primary, like that good job. The secondary is Ok not a big fan on the chamfered corners on the outlines, but I think this has more potential than the head on bandit you had previously.

Helmet looks great I like that you left the grey keyline off and used the black of the helmet to create the negative spaces in the logo, very Jacksonville Jaguars which is a compliment by the way was one of my favourite helmets til they screwed it royally by "pimping" it out with that tacky flip/pealescent paint job.

Uni's personally I'd make them complete flips of one another rather than bringing in large grey panels for the away jersey. I'd make those panels white and just use the grey for piping/trim but that's just a personal thing.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

UPDATE:

I updated pretty much everything.

Primary

Banditsprimaryver2.jpg

Alt.

banditsalt2.jpg

Home

homejerbanditsver2.jpg

Away

awayjerbanditsver2.jpg

Helmet

HelmetTB.jpg

C&C?

Your helmet needs work (see the white area by the face mask). On your white uni, black numbers with red and black outlines is too much. Changing up one of the outlines to a different color (white or silver) will make the number pop. Oh, and Impact wouldn't be my first font choice, but that' just my opinion.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I didn't know what font to use for the numbers, can I be directed to a good one? Also, I didn't know what color to make the inside of the helmet. Any help there? After the next update, I'll move on to another team.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Got some teams to suggest to you:

Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers

New Jersey Generals

Los Angeles Express

Chicago Blitz

Memphis Showboats

Houston Gamblers

Jacksonville Bulls

Washington Federals

Denver Gold

Philadelphia Stars

Michigan Panthers

What? No Arizona Gamblers? The Gamblers' second-season unis and the Panthers' unis were the best in the USFL.

Pretty big USFL fan, were you?

The Gamblers were in Houston. The Arizona team was the Wranglers for the first two seasons, and the Outlaws for the final season.

I gotta be honest with you, I'm not feeling these logos. You're most certainly on the right track, but I feel it's not enough. I would recommend going a little more rustic. Maybe add in a more American West style to the logo and fonts. Your uniforms look ok, but work with the color schemes a bit more. Maybe simplify the design by making the hip and arm stripes smaller and expanding the shoulder area. Also, try a font similar to that of the current Houston Texans. Something like that might work extremely well for this sort of design.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 3 weeks later...

I though about the bottom right idea but I thought it'd be too similar to the Rays.

That's also what I thought, but still. Your current TB logo isn't great, so you could just try the bottom-right idea. Maybe you could make some changes (such as adding new details or changing font-style) that would further separate it from the Rays.

I cannot say I am a fan of either logo. The outlining on the head is too thick and the head shape does not match a human skull shape, it seems too short and squat. The letter logo has problems in both versions. In neither case does it seem a natural extension of the team identity. It is either a random font (Times new roman??) with letters overlapping, or it is a TB (tuburculousis) with a flying blob under it. What do either say about "Bandits"? Look at the original logo and wordmark of the team, they made sense, they conveyed something. There was an identity there. That is the key. You want to create an identity, and I don't see how the wordmark logo here matches at all the identity of the bandit figure.

I cannot say I am a fan of either logo. The outlining on the head is too thick and the head shape does not match a human skull shape, it seems too short and squat. The letter logo has problems in both versions. In neither case does it seem a natural extension of the team identity. It is either a random font (Times new roman??) with letters overlapping, or it is a TB (tuburculousis) with a flying blob under it. What do either say about "Bandits"? Look at the original logo and wordmark of the team, they made sense, they conveyed something. There was an identity there. That is the key. You want to create an identity, and I don't see how the wordmark logo here matches at all the identity of the bandit figure.

I can't agree more. The bandit head still needs some work, you've got inconsistant outlines in the brim of the hat and the knot of the bandana.

You honestly could've slapped TB with any font on there, it still doesn't go with the set. Do something that compliments the team name. You've got the name Bandits, why not try a double pistol (like 9ersteve's Dallas Vigilantes) as a secondary, or a stetson hat ontop of the monogram? A bandana wrapped around it? Think and put some thought into your work. It's not a bad start, don't get me wrong. But the more time and effort put into your work, the better the result.

Oh, and no gradients.

Archived