Unpopular Opinions

On 10/6/2024 at 6:40 AM, gimmick said:

Man, seeing those Cowboys uniforms from the 70s with their proper colors really shows how far off the rails they've gotten.

spacer.png

It all started with Clint Murchison wanting to darken the blue since it looked similar to the Lions in his eyes (strange reason), then wanting to make them look unique which in return people saw the difference by 2000's due to the televisions being modified or upgrades and HD and 4K and 8K and stuff. The Cowboys are behind on their times and haven't even bothered fixing their uniforms because they fans find it unique while others want consistency like I do. It just looks bad, and no one wants to follow a team like that.

On 10/3/2024 at 10:34 AM, WSU151 said:

This is literally the best MLB All Star Game program to ever be produced, especially for this board. IYKYK

1994 All-Star Game at Pittsburgh Pirates Newstand Edition Program | eBay

It's incredible that this is 30 years old, yet:

Braves

Cubs

Rockies

Dodgers

Mets

Phillies

Cardinals

are wearing essentially the exact same uniform, while the Pirates are still wearing theirs in essence. 

That's 8 out of 14 teams essentially unchanged in 30 years (albeit some veered and came back around.). And of the 6, the Expos no longer even exist.  It's just the Padres, Giants, Reds, and Marlins that have  really changed things around for the long term since then.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/11/2024 at 10:40 PM, BBTV said:

It's incredible that this is 30 years old, yet:

Braves

Cubs

Rockies

Dodgers

Mets

Phillies

Cardinals

are wearing essentially the exact same uniform, while the Pirates are still wearing theirs in essence. 

That's 8 out of 14 teams essentially unchanged in 30 years (albeit some veered and came back around.). And of the 6, the Expos no longer even exist.  It's just the Padres, Giants, Reds, and Marlins that have  really changed things around for the long term since then.

And only Padres and Marlins changed their color schemes of the latter four.

I think I have the unpopular opinion in that I really hate it. It's really the only thing I don't like about the look. The rest of the look did a good job of keeping some continuity with the franchise and this went strangely modern and didn't fit in. I had two immediate negative reactions: 1) As a sleeve patch it has to be on the right and patches have almost always been on the left (I know that's changed now, which is another topic of frustration for me). 2) The logo implies a backwards "G" on the other side of the ball.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

23 hours ago, Aardvark said:

I like this logo. What do you think?

114.jpg

I used to like it, until this very minute. Now that I've beens taring at it, I have some issues.

1. I don't really mind the implied backwards-G, but... what is actually binding the Gs to the ball?  The Gs aren't "hugging" it since there's nothing (that we can see) that's connecting them, so are they supposed to be glued to it?

2.  Why is it flying downwards?  If the Guardians were to collapse, some jokes could be made about this.  Or is it a pitch that's being guided to the plate by the "guardians of baseball"?  Theoretically the G(uardian)s are guiding the ball safely around the batter's bat and into the catcher's mitt?

3.  Not the biggest deal, but using a winged G-ball logo in the same division where a team already uses a winged-object for a logo isn't ideal.  Again, not really a big deal at all, but we do have a winged-G vs a winged-sock now.

4.   I forget what 4 was.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/8/2024 at 5:20 PM, Rj0498 said:

I actually think these aren’t that bad

spacer.png

I think if these belonged to an expansion team or a team without such a long sterling history. These wouldn’t get much hate

The Bears got the Broncos beat in that category of orange helmets. I like this look with the Bears. The helmet, pant stripe, etc. It all looks good. I wish they one day consider making an alt white for those.

I like to see a navy blue jersey version with orange helmet.

• Like 1

I think if the Guardians logo was 2D, I'd like it more, but it does feel a bit clunky with a baseball that's hurling in space that has these G's alongside it, just kinda floating there. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."