Unpopular Opinions

Everyone has one. A logo everyone else in the whole community goes nuts for, while you're sitting in your chair just like meh. What are some sports design related things that would be deemed unpopular with most of this place. Here is an example.

With all the Brewers retro look, and everyone drooling at the BiG logo, ive looked at it a lot, and I think it's pretty cool with double meaning. I just think it's a logo that most people like just for the sake of being retro. I like the last two sets more than the original, but thats just me.

Same with most of the old logos in the NHL(like Quebec, Winnipeg, and Minnesota). Speaking of which, I enjoy most of the Edge jerseys.

How about you guys?

• Like 1

I actually liked the Dallas Stars' "Mooterus" logo.

And I agree with you about the Nordiques logo. Looking at it nowadays, it just seems so dated and old. Though I actually like the Jets and North Stars logos.

• Like 1

Cool idea for a thread. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of "you know, i never really liked that either, but i didnt say anything because i thought i was the only one".

Anyway, I'll go with the new Capitals identity, even including the alternate logo that it seems like everyone loves. I realize that r/w/b makes a lot of sense for DC but i still think their old identity was more intimidating and stronger.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I actually liked the Dallas Stars' "Mooterus" logo.

And I agree with you about the Nordiques logo. Looking at it nowadays, it just seems so dated and old. Though I actually like the Jets and North Stars logos.

I liked the mooterus too. I think there are just too many perverts out there.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Most people don't like, but I do:

Minnesota Vikings - I'm not in love with the uniforms, but I think they're miles ahead of the throwback/alternates.

Seattle Seahawks - I really like the monochrome look at home and can't stand the look when they wear white pants at home. I'm really happy they went with the monochrome home look all the time.

Dallas Stars - I kind of like the college-style jersey. It's unique in the NHL, they would just be better with more green.

Nashville Predators - Navy, silver, and yellow lookgreat together in my opinion. I'm disappointed they're moving to just blue and black.

Most people like these, I have no idea why:

Milwaukee Brewers - The BiG logo. The logo is okay, but has no connection to the team name. It could work for any team with MB as their initials. The 90s uniforms were an improvement, and I like the current uniforms the most. I will say that the royal and yellow looked better than navy and gold.

New York Islanders/Edmonton Oilers - Royal blue and orange just look too bright together. If one of these teams had to switch back, I wish it were Edmonton, not New York, because I actually liked the Islanders edge jerseys (I could have put that up above too)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I actually like the Islanders' fisherman logo. If it were for a minor league team, it would have been perfect. It says what the nickname is (what exactly is an islander? that guy), what sport (he has a hockey stick, and is in front of a net), it says the location (fisherman wearing a noreaster rain jacket? it's east coast and long island enough), and it looks cool (Gorton's notwithstanding, the guy looks fierce).

And the Nords logo did suck, there's nothing special about it.

and while the logo looks interesting, I never felt the Mooterus fit the stars, but the jersey it's on is pretty great.

And at the risk of starting argument, the Canucks V jerseys are insane. Wearing one, having that bright yellow and orange V on your chest actually messes with your eyes. I made a friend wear it after losing a bet, and he was so embarrassed to be in public with it. Try one on, and I think you might agree with me

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like the Oklahoma Thunder identity.

I like the Islanders' fisherman logo, though I admit the sweaters that went with it were a little much.

I hate the Brewers' Ball in Glove logo.

I like the current Coyotes look.

I never thought the Canadiens' white sweaters were anything special.

• Like 1

It's late, so I'll just leave this here before I hit the sack:

5fs9brfziigv6ho78ucp2ntto.gif

This is one of the best uniforms in the NFL. Monochrome or not, awesome is awesome.

ghctcl5gnhkzncwxewl1gu06f.gif

In fact, if you'll look down at the comments here, you see I was the first to comment that I LOVED THEM.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D