Unpopular Opinions

Some more:

--Those lime green Seattle Seahawks alternates. If only they wore white pants with those.

--The shoulder yoke on the Tennessee Titans, especially with the white roads and light blue pants:

NFL-2008-Tennessee-Titans-RB-Chris-Johnson.jpg

--Chicago Bears orange alternates.

--Denver Broncos orange alternates.

--Cleveland Browns (now defunct) orange alternates.

--Brown/orange look for late 80s Padres is better than the initial MLB look (gold/brown).

--Houston Astros mid-1990s blue/gold look (though navy/orange are best colors, and current star is best), they pretty much nailed the script:

2306.gif

--If you haven't noticed before, teal and gold can and do look together, as seen by mentioning the Sharks' current and Hornets' alternates.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Some more:

--Those lime green Seattle Seahawks alternates. If only they wore white pants with those.

--The shoulder yoke on the Tennessee Titans, especially with the white roads and light blue pants:

NFL-2008-Tennessee-Titans-RB-Chris-Johnson.jpg

If you get your Titans guy to move over, those Lions throwbacks jerseys are my favoritest.

lions%20RAW%20258.jpg

That makes me moist.

Milwaukee Brewers - The BiG logo. The logo is okay, but has no connection to the team name. It could work for any team with MB as their initials. The 90s uniforms were an improvement, and I like the current uniforms the most. I will say that the royal and yellow looked better than navy and gold.

I never understood this rationale for why the BiG is bad. Most MLB's monograms could conceivably be used by any other city that shares the inital... What exactly makes the Phillies "P" say Philadelphia any more than it says Pittsburgh or Phoenix? By my count, only the Angels, Marlins, Astros, White Sox, Blue Jays, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Mariners and Brewers currently use monograms that refer to their nicknames... that's 9 out of 28 teams. The fact that it even contains a B is actually more than most teams do to refer to their nickname.

Anyway, apparently my love of the BiG is unpopular around here :P

Other unpopular POVs:

-I hate the Packers G (which is tantamount to pissing on the pope's hat in most parts of WI). In fact, I pretty much share every opinion about their identity that Gothamite is known to echo around here.

-I like grey facemasks... but usually only when paired with traditional-looking uniforms.

-For the most part, I have no problem with monochrome... particularly if it's a darker color like navy, black or forest green.

-I like the Broncos throwbacks and pretty much any time a team uses brown & gold.

I actually like the Islanders' fisherman logo.

I'm so glad someone else said this first. I'm right with you here!

Edit: Yes, I need to change my sig since two of my top three logos have changed. They will no longer be there after I update it.

Look at my screen handle. You already know what my favorite NFL set of all time is. (Hint: look two or three posts above this one.)

Wanna know what other "garish" uniform set actually ranks in my top five of all? These...

Robert_Edwards_47_dbc7.jpgnfl-patriots-super_bowl_xxxi_martin.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

mike-alstott-640x350.jpg

Alstott makes that uniform look better than it actually was.

And the fact that Mike Alstott was always listed at FB, a position he didn't even play after his first couple of years, made him look better than he actually was. His multiple pro-bowl selctions should've rightfully gone to William Henderson :P

I wouldn't mind if ALL facemasks were gray, as long as all uniforms were somewhat traditional-looking. I love the Broncos in yellow. I love the Buccaneers in orange. I love the Browns' look through and through, especially the logo-less helmet and even the brown pants. Hate numerals that have any sort of extra embellishment on them. Block styles and plain round styles (Bears, Bengals) are it for me. I don't mind monochrome in football. I love different colored jerseys and shorts in basketball. I also love big design elements like horizontal stripes, or big singe chest stripes, diagonal sashes, etc. I like bringing the 'soccer look' or the 'rugby look' to other sports. Using stripes creatively is much more difficult and yields a much better result than 'creatively' blocking in colored panels and tapered stripes like all these modern uniform designers do.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Okay, I promised late last night that I'd build on my opinions...well, here we go:

• The OKC Thunder's home uniform...actually good! Everything else is a travesty, but that home uniform is among the best in the NBA, IMO.
  • Miami (FL)'s football uniforms from 2000-on have all been great. Their look is the main reason why I consider them as my 2nd favorite FBS school.
    edreed.jpg
    fgore.jpg
    Charleston+Southern+v+Miami+99ACVCAlcdMl.jpg
  • It was a sad day when this uniform fell by the wayside.
  • This should be the Broncos' primary home uniform.
    t1at00x5jltot70ngdg7k2y2p.gif
  • THIS is the worst logo in all of baseball. If there is one team that needed to jump out of the 90s, it's this one.
    ej4v6a8q5w5gegtf7ilqbhoz7.gif
  • Once they add the old school uniform that they wore for the Winter Classic, this will be a top-tier uniform in the NHL.
    Flyers30.png

I think that covers it for now. (Yes, I'm an orange fanatic. :P)

Okay, I promised late last night that I'd build on my opinions...well, here we go:

• [*]The OKC Thunder's home uniform...actually good! Everything else is a travesty, but that home uniform is among the best in the NBA, IMO.

[*]Miami (FL)'s football uniforms from 2000-on have all been great. Their look is the main reason why I consider them as my 2nd favorite FBS school.

edreed.jpg

I hated these when they first came out, but they actually look timeless by todays standards. Sadly, I doubt they'd ever consider going back to them.

Staying with football unis, even though I despised the Cowboys and their cheating, ref-bribing a**es when they wore these, they were still my favorite Cowboys unis up until they intro'd the current throwbacks.

81354064.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548283F58DE4357E72361DD1F0EB4721B7EEE9DE667922B641D

Milwaukee Brewers - The BiG logo. The logo is okay, but has no connection to the team name. It could work for any team with MB as their initials. The 90s uniforms were an improvement, and I like the current uniforms the most. I will say that the royal and yellow looked better than navy and gold.

I never understood this rationale for why the BiG is bad. Most MLB's monograms could conceivably be used by any other city that shares the inital... What exactly makes the Phillies "P" say Philadelphia any more than it says Pittsburgh or Phoenix? By my count, only the Angels, Marlins, Astros, White Sox, Blue Jays, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Mariners and Brewers currently use monograms that refer to their nicknames... that's 9 out of 28 teams. The fact that it even contains a B is actually more than most teams do to refer to their nickname.

I guess it's more of the fact that they have a logo of baseball equipment, which is why I prefer the hats the Brewers wore after the BiG. That's the same reason I don't like the Canucks stick in rink logo, it's just hockey equipment.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I guess it's more of the fact that they have a logo of baseball equipment, which is why I prefer the hats the Brewers wore after the BiG. That's the same reason I don't like the Canucks stick in rink logo, it's just hockey equipment.

That I can understand... I remember wondering why their logo was just a glove until the first time someone pointed out the mb.

And FWIW, the second version of the post-BiG unis are the best ones they ever wore IMO. Too bad they coincided with a time when the franchise was in shambles and Bud Selig took to dressing in drag claiming to be his daughter Wendy :D