Which Teams' Caps Are Worn The Most Where You're From?

knnhrvy16

New-Era-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-Black-On-Black-Fitted-Cap-59fifty-1.jpg

The 1st two letters of my hometown are L and A. Also, LA is the abbreviation for Louisiana.

And LSU caps are very popular here <_< (Roll Wave!)

I never thought about that! It makes perfect sense though... I'm surprised there's not a lot of Saints caps. I'd totally buy a black Saints new era fitted with the fleur de lies (sp) logo on it! Best uni/logo set in the NFL IMHO!

(and to be honest, I was kinda stoked to hear rumors of the Saints coming to LA pre-Katrina. But now I definitely think they NEED to stay in NOLA. I'll gladly take the Vikings though!!)

ps) Jacksonville - Keep your Jaguars ;-P

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the caps in suburban Maryland...

1. Yankees (wayyyyy to many Yankees fans out here)

2. Red Sox (ditto)

Not sure where you live in Maryland, but I'm not sure they are actually Yankees or Red Sox fans. I think its more of the "lax bro" fashion that popular in Maryland.

Here's a few things I've noticed. The Orioles "O's" cap has been surprisingly popular since the team introduced it. Cartoon bird Orioles hats are also very popular (I own an orange panel one that is my favorite to wear). Also the new Ravens sideline cap is very popular (the new flat brim style). I personally think they ugly and would never buy one. However I've talked to quite a few people the past couple of weeks and everyone wants one. I've yet to meet someone who shares my point of view. Nationals and Redskins hats are also seen, but I live closer to Baltimore, so they are rare for me to see.

Yeah, that O's hat is popular here. I live in Annapolis, and I don't know if it's just me but their seems to be a lot of people with Yankees and Red Sox fans walking around in Annapolis. And I'll second your opinion on those NFL sideline caps, both the sideline caps and the MLB Stars and Stripes caps are major marketing gimmicks. The MLB may be trying to be patriotic, but it's mostly for the cash. And the sad thing is it works like a charm.

25yzwqg.png

2. Red Sox (ditto)

Not sure where you live in Maryland, but I'm not sure they are actually Yankees or Red Sox fans. I think its more of the "lax bro" fashion that popular in Maryland.

Here's a few things I've noticed. The Orioles "O's" cap has been surprisingly popular since the team introduced it. Cartoon bird Orioles hats are also very popular (I own an orange panel one that is my favorite to wear). Also the new Ravens sideline cap is very popular (the new flat brim style). I personally think they ugly and would never buy one. However I've talked to quite a few people the past couple of weeks and everyone wants one. I've yet to meet someone who shares my point of view. Nationals and Redskins hats are also seen, but I live closer to Baltimore, so they are rare for me to see.

Yeah, that O's hat is popular here. I live in Annapolis, and I don't know if it's just me but their seems to be a lot of people with Yankees and Red Sox fans walking around in Annapolis. And I'll second your opinion on those NFL sideline caps, both the sideline caps and the MLB Stars and Stripes caps are major marketing gimmicks. The MLB may be trying to be patriotic, but it's mostly for the cash. And the sad thing is it works like a charm.

I live in Northern Anne Arundel County, I don't spend too much time around Annapolis. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine the majority of the people you see are what people refer to as "lax bros". Is it mostly preppy kids with shaggy hair wearing the caps backwards? If so, its probably a "lax bro". They are essentially the "guidos" of Maryland. The reason I differentiate is because "lax bros" are simply wearing the hats as fashion statements. They aren't fans of the teams at all, in fact they probably hate baseball. I hate to sound picky, its just that I was always a baseball player growing up and there was always a rivalry with lacrosse players. It was annoying because they would always rip you apart for liking baseball, but at the same time they'd be wearing a Yankee or Sox hat (which made it annoying that they didn't at least support the local team, although some do wear O's hats). I'm just pointing out a regional thing you may not be aware of since you're from the Chicago area. I imagine most of those people you see couldn't even name the Yankees or Sox lineup if you asked them.

New-Era-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-Black-On-Black-Fitted-Cap-59fifty-1.jpg

The 1st two letters of my hometown are L and A. Also, LA is the abbreviation for Louisiana.

And LSU caps are very popular here <_< (Roll Wave!)

I never thought about that! It makes perfect sense though... I'm surprised there's not a lot of Saints caps. I'd totally buy a black Saints new era fitted with the fleur de lies (sp) logo on it! Best uni/logo set in the NFL IMHO!

(and to be honest, I was kinda stoked to hear rumors of the Saints coming to LA pre-Katrina. But now I definitely think they NEED to stay in NOLA. I'll gladly take the Vikings though!!)

ps) Jacksonville - Keep your Jaguars ;-P

I hope you realize that if the Vikings moved to LA, they'd likely be swapped out of the NFC North for St. Louis and the douche would request a trade to Chicago. The need to stick it to the organization that had the gall to hold him to his word is Saint Favre's fountain of youth :D

2. Red Sox (ditto)

The other day, one of the cats at the open mic I run was rockin' a red stars & stripes Brewers hat with a white Dr. J Nets throwback... I have to say it looked pretty good!

But I agree... the idea that the stars & stripes series is about patriotism is complete nonsense. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just admit it!

In Tampa it's the Rays because they're good. Some Bucs, but since they stink, not as many people wear their hats now. Rarely Lightning because no one in this area seems to know hockey exists.

I'd say Gators hats rival the number of Rays hats, plus a decent amount of USF hats, with Miami and FSU mixed in.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived