NBA : Houston Rockets

chickenfish13

Hey Guys,

So i've been stuck on the Bulls for awhile, and I really can't come up with anything I think you guys would approve of. So im putting the update of that on hold for a bit. As I mentioned before, I was working on the Rockets. I wanted to show you the primary logo ive come up with. It's basically an update of their old logo, or an update on that idea. I hope it's not too much like some other Rockets rebrands, as I know there have been some that all have the same basic idea.

I can't come up with a color scheme I like yet. I've tried a lot of different things, but what I'm posting has been the best so far. I'd love to hear some suggestions for it. Anyways, here it is, thanks for reading.

hrocketsprimary.png

This is not flowing very well. The eye is just all over the place with this logo. It's rendered okay, but the depth and weight of the logo is throwing me off.

I have to agree with this. At first glance it looks like the basketball lines are really just a bunch of random lines, which is really distracting.

phitinsig.png

I don't know that you need to drop the wordmark, but it definitely warrants attention. First, the font seems a bit generic. I'd rather see something with a bit more personality than a plan sans face--maybe even something with a "spacey" theme, as long as it's not too cliche--or maybe an updated version of one of their previous wordmark styles. Secondly, the kerning has too be looked at, especially when it's arched like that. Look at how the R-O-C-K section all touch, while the E-T-S section has too much space between the letters. Finally, I'd drop that outer light blue outline. It's unnecessary to distinguish the wordmark from the rest of the piece, and it clutters everything up. (The type could also stand to be larger, but that will depend on other changes you make first.)

Type aside, I think the colors need to change. While they don't look bad together, they're very soft and organic. My gut reaction to those colors is pine forest with mountain stream and clear blue sky. Think about what a rocket looks like, and what its actions look like. Rockets are often gunmetal gray or silver or black and white. Something metallic looking, perhaps. And when they blast off, there are supersaturated reds and oranges and yellows and whites and silvers. Think along the lines of those colors. You don't have to be limited to them, but it would make sense to draw inspiration from them.

There are other issues that other people have mentioned, but I'd go back and reconsider the fundamental problems with the type and color scheme first.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Hey Guys,

So i've been stuck on the Bulls for awhile, and I really can't come up with anything I think you guys would approve of. So im putting the update of that on hold for a bit. As I mentioned before, I was working on the Rockets. I wanted to show you the primary logo ive come up with. It's basically an update of their old logo, or an update on that idea. I hope it's not too much like some other Rockets rebrands, as I know there have been some that all have the same basic idea.

I can't come up with a color scheme I like yet. I've tried a lot of different things, but what I'm posting has been the best so far. I'd love to hear some suggestions for it. Anyways, here it is, thanks for reading.

hrocketsprimary.png

I think the general idea is quite great actually. I agree with others about the colours....I'd go with the old red, yellow, maybe some black. The spacing as was mentioned above on the letters could use tweaking, but I actually kind of find the font charming, and refreshingly classic-looking. I sorta think the blue shadows/outline/whatever are a bit much. It might wind up looking a bit old-timey and incomplete, but I'm wondering what it'd look like without it all together (or all over.) Also - someone mentioned the lines being confusing... Any way to get them more visable through/behind/under the wordmark? I'd also try a darker wordmark...maybe.

I guess the more I look at it, the tracer line of the rocket isn't making much sense....its going around the ball, but in front of it at the same time... Whatever...I still dig it.

Archived