4-caster Frank's Weekly NFL Preview

NJTank

No I did not see that, but I like Michael Singletarry and I think he can turn this team around. I considered him heavily for Coach of the Year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I did not see that, but I like Michael Singletarry and I think he can turn this team around. I considered him heavily for Coach of the Year.

And this is coming from a man who publicaly called a QB who has a career record of 23-56 as a started with 65 TD/70 INT as "a solid backup".

His name is David Carr.

When you have an emergency team meeting after landing home after game one, you are in major trouble and possibly lost the locker room already.

And this is coming from a man who publicaly called a QB who has a career record of 23-56 as a starter with 65 TD/70 INT as, "a solid backup".

His name is David Carr.

When you have an emergency team meeting after landing home after game one, you are in major trouble and possibly lost the locker room already.

They cannot get their plays in on time. Jimmy Raye seems less in charge of things than Sherm Lewis was last year.

Tank, Tank, Tank.

Drew Brees wasn't satisfied with the Saints' Week 1 offense. That in itself is a red flag for SF. Then, Singletary in effect called Brees out in that interview, and that may prove to be a very big mistake.

The Saints' D also held St. Brett and Co. to 9 points and now they're going up against Alex Smith? Granted Fav-ruh was just strolling in off the farm but still.

About Jets-Patriots, Moss has the slouch thing firmly in mind since he said in an interview this week that "the slouch will be there to see you Sunday." That should be interesting.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

After a mediocre Week 2 I look to bounce back in Week 3, in the league where they play for pay.

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nfl2010/nflpicks3.html

Comments?

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Your "4-casts" are fine but I have to admit that I'm here for gems like these...

"but come draft day his stick plummeted as concerns about his personality rose."

"Hail Mary's rarely are caught for Touchdowns" That's a pretty bold statement there Francis.

"Sirens are blaring, bells are ring"

"the panic button has been pressed in Dallas as the Cowboys are 2-0." Expectations must be really high in Dallas. How many teams go into panic mode after starting the season 2-0?

"Playing in the early game, with the short week after Monday Nigh in a stadium that gives the Chiefs a great home field advantage are too many obstacles for a team prone to making mistakes to overcome." I'm not sure what any of that is supposed to mean but "Monday Nigh" sure makes it sound serious.

"Chicago will be hoping as the Bears and Packers meet on Monday Night, with each team holding 2-0 records." What will Chicago be hoping for?

Good stuff as always. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Your "4-casts" are fine but I have to admit that I'm here for gems like these...

"but come draft day his stick plummeted as concerns about his personality rose."

"Hail Mary's rarely are caught for Touchdowns" That's a pretty bold statement there Francis.

"the panic button has been pressed in Dallas as the Cowboys are 2-0." Expectations must be really high in Dallas. How many teams go into panic mode after starting the season 2-0?

"Playing in the early game, with the short week after Monday Nigh in a stadium that gives the Chiefs a great home field advantage are too many obstacles for a team prone to making mistakes to overcome." I'm not sure what any of that is supposed to mean but "Monday Nigh" sure makes it sound serious.

"Chicago will be hoping as the Bears and Packers meet on Monday Night, with each team holding 2-0 records." What will Chicago be hoping for?

Sigh Ill fix the errors

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Chicago Hope was a hospital drama back in the mid to late 90s, but you can bet they'll be hoping Jay Cutler keeps banging Kristin Cavallari...so that he'll keep playing like someone other than Jay Cutler.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Both of these teams are 2-0 and it's because of their defense. In Tampa, the young Buccaneers are looking like the old Bucs who dominated a decade ago and won a Super Bowl, while the Steelers playing without QB Ben Roethlisberger have had a defense that has the look of an all-time great. It won't matter who is at quarterback for the Steelers, the way their defense has looked, as the young Bucs, playing without Tanard Jackson will struggle just to get past midfield.

Oh, tNak. Hyperbole, much?

Might I remind you of last week's synopis...where you expected the Panthers to win easily in their house. Never mind the fact that the Panthers and Buccaneers have a weird habit of beating each other in each other's home. You saw what happened last week, didn't you? And might I also add that while Tampa's D held, the offense actually showed up and did some things. Haven't seen that in Tampa since Brad Johnson was slinging the rock.

Now, having said that, I also fully expect the Steelboyz to turn every dawg they have loose on Josh Freeman and the Buccaneers' offensive line (which actually has very quietly been one of the team's stronger points over the course of the past several seasons). This is why I say this game will be a very good test for Freeman's mental mettle...and that of the Tampa defense as a whole. Charlie Batch isn't necessarily a "slinger", so the Bucs' D should already expect a healthy dose of Rashard Mendenhall and Heath Miller, with a gadget play or five somehow involving Hines Ward mixed in for good measure.

Who knows? That's one thing about Tampa Bay...if nothing else, they remain competitive. May not win every game, but they also generally won't make it a cake walk for the other team, either. Just keep 'em focused, Mo-Mo. Keep 'em focused.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Dolphins 16, Jets 13

My popcorn is ready for the enlightened debate & banter that will result from this prediction between Dolphins & Jets fans.

Tank homer-picking the Dolphins is nothing new. If anything, at least the sumbitch doesn't go 'SNL Bears Superfan' when he picks the Fish to win. 16-13 is pretty modest when you take into consideration his love for the Dolphins, and his even stronger love for Rex Ryan.

6uXNWAo.png

:cursing: Why must you ruin my joke, let Cujo come up with that Jigga that arrest is the only fun I can have the last two weeks and before the Jets choke again.

^_^

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Why must you ruin my joke, let Cujo come up with that Jigga that arrest is the only fun I can have the last two weeks and before the Jets choke again.

Well, let's just say I'm not exactly a fan of hypocracy. :P

And like Cujo really would have come up with that (unless it was on Jim Rome or something).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived