Angels 50th Anniversary

oddball

And Sorry, Preacher.

On first read it came off as advocating them, but I misinterpreted it. My apologies. But my statement still stands, the softball jerseys are the suck :P

No worries, I agree wholeheartedly.

The only thing that sucks more than that failed re-brand was one Disney exec's idea to re-name the "Mighty Angels of Anaheim", which is slightly less stupid than Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. I mean, I get "Orange County Angels of Anaheim", but why attempt to exploit the name of a big city that's separated by over 35 miles of houses, freeways, buildings, cultures, people and terrain? Idiocy at it's finest from Phoenix Arte Moreno of Tuscon.

ANAHEIM ANGELS FTW!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I mentioned these a long time ago, but we should all be thankful that the Angels didn't go through with this version of the Disney-Periwinkle set...complete with some bizarre shoulder striping and a lighter Navy:

Those are some of the ugliest uniforms I have ever seen. No pinstripes on the sleeves *and* weird piping around the shoulders???

That idea should have been rejected about 2 seconds after it popped into someone's head. It's frightening that it made it far enough along to even have concepts drawn up.

Those are some of the ugliest uniforms I have ever seen. No pinstripes on the sleeves *and* weird piping around the shoulders???

That idea should have been rejected about 2 seconds after it popped into someone's head. It's frightening that it made it far enough along to even have concepts drawn up.

What's worse is that these were apparently distributed to licensees before they were re-worked and replacement pages were sent out.

What's the difference between periwinkle and the '70s powder blue that everyone gets all excited about? From my memories, the actual '70s version of "powder" blue was actually much darker than the throwbacks (and people's memories) seem to make it out to be, but I could be mistaken.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's the difference between periwinkle and the '70s powder blue that everyone gets all excited about? From my memories, the actual '70s version of "powder" blue was actually much darker than the throwbacks (and people's memories) seem to make it out to be, but I could be mistaken.

In printing anyway, the difference is this:

AnaheimAngelsPeriwinkle_2001_SOL_SRGB.png <---> MLBPowderBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

In printing anyway, the difference is this:

AnaheimAngelsPeriwinkle_2001_SOL_SRGB.png <---> MLBPowderBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Hmmm... in theory the periwinkle looks great, but in practice (as we all know), that powder blue is just sexy. Unless you're an NHL team ::cough, Panthers, cough, Penguins::

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Well, I must tell the truth. So...I kinda like the periwinkle Angels set. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that those are the uniforms my little league baseball team wore for awhile, so I feel tied to them. But the design itself isn't that bad. I think their 2002 upgrade was great though.

The periwinkle set will always hold a special place in my heart...

Archived