Pat Tillman Patch Concept

vicfurth

I do think that the NFL has a "Man of the Year" award. I think it would be very appropriate for them to name the award after Pat Tillman, except that it might trivialize his courage, sense of duty and sacrifice.

I mean, giving the award to someone who simply visits children in a hospital (not to minimize that) named after someone who made the ultimate sacrifice so that the rest of us could continue with our fairly trivial pursuits - would it be saying enough about Mr. Tillman?

Except the NFL already named the Man Of The Year award after Walter Payton.

Maybe they can create a Pat Tillman Courage award.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

One thing that the NFL might do is use some design and make a decal/sticker of it and put it on the back of the helmets of all of the teams. If they do this, I'd think they'd use something like the red/white/blue ribbon with #40 on top of it.

Good luck with the concept. I think that it's great!

Amen, gentlemen.

God love Pat Tillman. A wonderful human being. A terriffic american.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived