Pat Tillman Patch Concept

vicfurth

Way to go! It's simple but looks good.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

This is the first I'm hearing of this.

In one of my first runs of logos, I did a fantasy team for a guy who's team was called the "Tillman Tigers". Said he wanted to honour some guy who'd turned down a multimillion dollar contract to join the military. I didn't find out much more, but I was impressed by the story. I read up on it a bit more today, and found it very inspirational.

My little way of honouring that man. The quality isn't what it is today, but anyway.

Tillman%20Tigers%20Logo.gif

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:13

RIP Pat

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Simple and to the point, vic. I think the Cardinals would go with something like that.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I've posted this thread over at the Arizona Sports Fan Cardinals Board (link), and told them that some of you here were coming up with some ideas for Pat.

We Cardinal fans don't always have a lot to cheer for, but we were sure proud of Pat.

I was wondering if the NFL had a "Man of the Year" award or "Courage Award"? It would be nice to have that Award called the "Pat Tillman Man of the Year" award.

The Cardinal logo in his honor is great. I'm thinking that this is also a league wide tribute. How about the NFL shield with the 40 in it. Although it would be coo lif ALL teams had the Cardinal logo on the back of their helmet.

I was wondering if the NFL had a "Man of the Year" award or "Courage Award"? It would be nice to have that Award called the "Pat Tillman Man of the Year" award.

Dunno if the NFL has something like it, but ESPN gave Pat and his brother, Kevin, the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2001 ESPY Awards.

I do think that the NFL has a "Man of the Year" award. I think it would be very appropriate for them to name the award after Pat Tillman, except that it might trivialize his courage, sense of duty and sacrifice.

I mean, giving the award to someone who simply visits children in a hospital (not to minimize that) named after someone who made the ultimate sacrifice so that the rest of us could continue with our fairly trivial pursuits - would it be saying enough about Mr. Tillman?

The NFL does give out the Ed Block Man of courage award every year.

Who was Ed Block?

From edblock.com...

"The late Ed Block was a hero in many ways. He was an honored Army Lieutenant in World War II and supervised the in-space conditioning programs for U.S. Astronauts for seven years. A master in his chosen field of athletic training, he served the Baltimore Colts for 23 years. His life is honored by this Foundation, which recognizes outstanding courage. His memory continues through the generous support of those giving to the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation today."

Perhaps the NFL can create another award. It would be fitting.

I posted this on another non-sports related site, and thought I'd share it with you. I just hope it is fitting.....

What a sad ending to such an inspiational story.

I will say this. The man knew what he was doing. He knew the dangers of being a soldier, especially a Ranger, in a post-9/11 world. He made a concious decision to leave the relatively safe and financially comfortable confines of the NFL to defend our nation and way of life. Pat Tillman could have been a millionaire, sitting at home like many of us do, watching the terrible things we see on TV every day. But Pat Tillman saw an opportunity to make a difference. He made a difference in many people's lives, and now through this sad event, he will make a difference in millions more.

Pat Tillman has made the ultimate sacrifice, and he did so doing something he believed in. While my heart goes out to his widow and family, I hope they can take comfort in knowing that he is looking down on them, smiling and saying "It's all right, I knew what I was doing."

Archived