Georgia Bulldogs Full Set

aawagner011

Hi everyone. I'm posting my first ever concept on these boards for you all to critique. I would have had some up by now, but I had lost my Photoshop program a few months ago and have been without a graphic program for a while. I've been teaching myself Inkscape the last week or so, and thanks to andrewharrington's AMAZING template, I've come up with a concept for the University of Georgia. It's slightly throwback-ish! Note: The sets below are to be worn ONLY as they are shown. This means no mix and match. Ready, ok let's go!

Home: The home is your usual red helmet, red jersey, and silver britches set. I loved the sleeve stripes from the Herschel Walker years, so I've made them the basis for this set. It's hard to see here, but there are small bulldog logos subtly placed within the numbers, similar to the houndstooth of Bama or the Gator skin of Florida. The bulldogs are on each jersey set. The inner collar reads "Between the Hedges" on all three jerseys, as well. I realize that the trend is for college teams to wear short socks these days, but the 1980 team favored long white socks, so you see them here. However, I've added the stripes found on the white jersey sleeves to the socks for some flair.

procombatai2010_11_10_22_20_480.png

Away: Here's your red helmet, white top, and silver britches road set. Featuring the stripes first seen on the white socks. One thing I've done here is made sure that every jersey features a red collar. I felt that otherwise it felt less like UGA, so I've included it on each jersey. Same collar slogan, and same bulldogs inside the numbers.

procombatai2010_11_10_22_20_480white.png

Blackout: The blackout uniform is similar to the one the team wore a few times in the past, but includes the sleeve striping. Also maintains the red collar and sleeve cuffs, which I thought was one of the dynamic aspects of the blackout jersey. The red really pops against the black. Again, same collar slogan and bulldogs subtly inside the numbers.

procombatai2010_11_10_22_20_480black2.png

Away alt: Away helmet and jersey + black pants. I debated multiple times on the striping. The black pants worn against Florida were very cool (though killed by the black helmet, which you'll notice is non-existant in this concept!), however the black stripe was invisible against the black pants color. So I've taken the colors of the normal pants and rearranged them to still maintain the triple stripe that echoes Georgia so well. I felt a red-white-red stripe didn't evoke that sense that the silver britches do. I've also tried to keep the balance seen on the silver pants in check by placing the lighter stripe colors on the outsides the way that the darker colors are on the silver pants.

procombatai2010_11_10_22_20_480white_black.png

Comments or advice? Thanks very much!

Wow, those look really good! I like the throwback striping, and my only suggestion would be to make the sleeve cuffs match the uniform. Since you have sleeve stripes, it really isn't necessary IMO to color the sleeve cuffs. Otherwise great job, and I hope you do some more teams.

love it. almost completely identical to what I throw out for them recently. not saying ur copying me. I'm saying that's a great look for UGA and most UGA fans have a taste for black garments, as well as the triple sleeve stripe.

Thank you! Interesting regarding your concept you mentioned, got a link by chance? It's always fun to see other's ideas! I do love the Herschel Walker era striping though. I know there are some bad vibes with the black from Bama and Florida, but I think the hype and love the black received from Auburn and Hawaii will cause the Dawgs to resurrect them at some point in the future. Especially with a poor season this year, they'll be looking for something to motivate them going forward. They were a HUGE hit with fans and I'm sure it's good for recruiting.

PS- I bet they'll bring them back because NOBODY can do a more awesome blackout than Georgia at Sanford Stadium. Also, the fact that the blackout vs Auburn was an organic decision from the seniors, rather than advertised by the school made it even more awesome. This was before doing the color-out became the "in" thing to do.

each individual part of the uniform looks great, but I don't like having three different stripe designs

Thanks! In regards to the different stripe designs, the red and white striped jerseys are the same from the team in the 80s, so I've just transplanted them here. I initially toyed with the idea of using the same pattern on each shirt, but then it looked even more out of place. The stripes are much less pronounced on the red and end up looking like Ohio State. The white stayed the same, and the black ended up appearing as only having white and red striping. I felt that by using the original 1980 patterns it allowed the jersey stripes to look more pronounced and thus carry a similar theme throughout the entire set. Otherwise, by using the same striping with the same of colors, they looked even more out of place. Just my opinion, but thanks for the good word!

heres a link! another UGA concept

I really wish UGA would wear the black-silver and white-black combos, but I'm pretty sure they dumped their black jerseys and pants. Plus, I doubt they sneak them out until they start winning again.

the only thing I noticed that I don't like about the concept is the colored cuffs. with the jersey striping there is really no reason to color the cuffs. just keep them the same color as the jersey.

Wow, we sure do have some definite similarities there! And by removing the cuffs as you all have suggested, I'll be even closer to looking like yours! Oh well, we've both got good taste when it comes to the Herschel unis! I may still remove the cuff colors to make it look better, and then do a special one off PC set.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they've ditched off the black sets, but I'm fairly sure they'll make a reappearance eventually. UGA is selling off the game worn jerseys in the bookstore, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see some new ones. I think UGA has had the exact same jerseys for the last 5 years or so. Maybe they're due for a new set on a newer template? Not saying they'll be drastically different but maybe we'll get new ones like Clemson on the PC template.

Wow, we sure do have some definite similarities there! And by removing the cuffs as you all have suggested, I'll be even closer to looking like yours! Oh well, we've both got good taste when it comes to the Herschel unis! I may still remove the cuff colors to make it look better, and then do a special one off PC set.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they've ditched off the black sets, but I'm fairly sure they'll make a reappearance eventually. UGA is selling off the game worn jerseys in the bookstore, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see some new ones. I think UGA has had the exact same jerseys for the last 5 years or so. Maybe they're due for a new set on a newer template? Not saying they'll be drastically different but maybe we'll get new ones like Clemson on the PC template.

I wouldnt be surprised if they switched to the pro combat template eventually, but kept the uniforms exactly the same design.

theyve actually had two different jersey types since 2005...its just the design concept was the exact same on both of them. only thing different was the cut.

but their biggest uniform issue is pants. the matte material is preferred by the players bc it's light weight, but it looks terrible. UGA has switched between matte grey and silver pants back and forth for the past sixish years now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop in to say I think aawagner011 and Brave-Bird 08 both had great sets. I like how both of you employed a traditional look even while using Nike's updated pro-combat uniform template. As and alum, I think either or would be great. I prefer the lack of a shoulder stripes in favor of a clean look, maybe just one strip around the sleeve as they have now, but I wouldn't be upset should they roll out either of these sets.

With that said, I'd love to see what you two could produce in regards to a more "progressive" uniform look for UGA. Maybe something a little less traditional?

Anyways, Go Dogs! Nice win last night.

Archived