Connecticut Whale Jerseys

crkraider22

Of course there's money to be made - my point was that Hartford Whalers merchandise was unavailable until a couple years ago. They used to ignore the brand, until they realized how much money they were missing.

I'm pretty sure that the original "Hartford Whalers" trademark was let lapse, which is how Baldwin could register it. Does anybody doubt that he owns it? Has he denied owning it? But his team is affliated with the NHL, which can prevent him from using it within the umbrella of their organization, should they so desire.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats wrong with the Whale? Looks like he's a little out of focus. Plus why isn't he blue? Would it not make sense to match the teams logo?

Everything this team does from an aesthetic standpoint is a mess.

Whats wrong with the Whale? Looks like he's a little out of focus. Plus why isn't he blue? Would it not make sense to match the teams logo?

Looks like a video still, doesn't it?

The whale is green because he was designed to match the Whalers' logo (on his sweater) when they seemed to think they could use the old NHL club's marks.

I think he was implying that the Rangers would own the rights to what ever name their minor league affiliate went with.

Unless the NHL team outright owns their AHL affiliates then this isn't the case.

I think he was implying that the Rangers would own the rights to what ever name their minor league affiliate went with.

Unless the NHL team outright owns their AHL affiliates then this isn't the case.

Well, does Baldwin own the Wolf Pack or is he just operating them on behalf of Cablevision or something?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, does Baldwin own the Wolf Pack or is he just operating them on behalf of Cablevision or something?

Madiscon Square Garden, Inc. still owns the franchise and controls the players and coaches. Baldwin's group, Hartford Hockey LLC, runs the day to day operations of the franchise including the marketing and sponsorship. AEG manages the XL Center.

Just to be clear, Madison Square Garden, the sports teams and the MSG Network was spun out of the Cablevision umbrella and are now a separate company; but still owned by the Dolans.

The Connecticut Whale have two mascots believe it or not: Pucky the Whale and Sonar the Wolf (mascot from when the Whale were known under the original name, the Hartford Wolf Pack)

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived