Universities Tell High Schools Logos Are Off Limits

roxfan00

Sort of unrelated... but does anyone else think that my college's logo looks like the Coors Light Mountains?

MHKCRS.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well in my town every school is using a stolen logo of some kind my school, in my sig and all the other schools using a SC usc logo a NC northcarolina logo and a logo that resembles the michigan state spartans logo

So crime runs rampant in your town. I hope you're not suggesting that a massive volume of theft somehow makes it right.

no no no it doesnt make it right i would actually like to try to create a new logo for my school but we have used the giants logo for baseball for 30+ years and falcons logos for just as long so many people see these as tradition even though it is not our tradition.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Looks like there are plenty of schools in this area that could be getting phone calls, in that case. These are all just from my county and the few surrounding it:

willard.pngwesternReserveCollins.pngnewLondon.pngsanduskyPerkins.pnggenoa03.pnggibsonburg.pngbowlingGreen09.png

Which leads me to ask... are designs like the Chargers' lightning bolt and Michigan's winged helmet also copyrighted? I see a ton of schools using them.

New London Wildcats in Ohio ripping off logo from Florida Panthers logo. I wish they make their own logo not ripping off from NHL team.

94.gif

newLondon.png

my alma mater is in the same conference as new london. they started ripping the panthers' logo my senior year. i thought it was funny to see a hockey logo ripped for a football helmet, but they also had large chenille patches of the panther on their varsity jackets.

western reserve is in the conference too. what appears to be a broncos rip, is actually a poorly hand rendered horse head. if i remember right, their horse had a few alters, but still, a ripoff.

my high school had the "michigan" wings, but different colors. i don't see how this can be copyrighted, it is to represent the old leather patterns on helmets.

Archived