Maryland Xline by zephyr.

zephyr

Hey everyone, here is our new xline for Maryland. you can click the link as well to see how it translates to our headwear. If you are not familiar with our xlines they are exclusive interpretations of schools marks that we get special permission to

enter the market with. Some are meant for only a short window of time while some others have eventually been adopted by schools as primary marks. Almost all of them are targeted at the younger demographic starting at 14 to 24.

marylandxline2011.jpg

http://s475.photobuc...20Xline%202010/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what's the process for a school to get an X-Line logo? Is it the school themselves (the marketing department), or could a store request a logo from you guys and then you get the school's permission? Like Bemidji State, for example. Would BSU have to approach you, or could that store that ordered the caps I posted about start the process, and you guys do the leg-work for getting permission from BSU? I'd love to see what you could do with that logo...

Sure thing. I'll add them as I get time. Trying to sell hats and run this company keeps me busy though.

I among i'm sure plenty of others, would love to see other schools X-Line marks. They have been requested several times and i'm sure having examples of them would be greatly appreciated! Any way you could post what you have?

Hey everyone, here is our new xline for Maryland. you can click the link as well to see how it translates to our headwear. If you are not familiar with our xlines they are exclusive interpretations of schools marks that we get special permission to

enter the market with. Some are meant for only a short window of time while some others have eventually been adopted by schools as primary marks. Almost all of them are targeted at the younger demographic starting at 14 to 24.

%7Boption%7D

http://s475.photobuc...20Xline%202010/

Cool stuff Zephyr, and love the angry Monty cap in your avy. Is that a new cap?

sig.jpg

Ok. That's funny. I'll never look at it the same way. Haha.

gotta admit, the tail looks like a penis.

Other than that oddity, it is an outstanding logo, the Terps should use it. Anything with the Maryland flag is normally beautiful.

FSU2.gif

In most cases, we identiy the school that we think needs an xline or is underperforming in sales. We then float the idea past the school and go to work. Some schools are easy to work with others are not. After multiple ideas we usually finalize one and go with it. Its important that the mark is good with the university but also will add sales. The retailers really need to like it otherwise it will not succeed. We have done many many graphics that i thought were slam dunks but the school never approved them. Bemidji State would be a good one to do for sure. Maybe ill add it to our project list.

So, what's the process for a school to get an X-Line logo? Is it the school themselves (the marketing department), or could a store request a logo from you guys and then you get the school's permission? Like Bemidji State, for example. Would BSU have to approach you, or could that store that ordered the caps I posted about start the process, and you guys do the leg-work for getting permission from BSU? I'd love to see what you could do with that logo...

While the graphic is not new, that cap is.

><a href=http://s475.photobuc...20Xline%202010/

Cool stuff Zephyr, and love the angry Monty cap in your avy. Is that a new cap?

we are working on it. the problem is there are no mascots that are very relevant and some teams just dont work very well. (try to come up with a Flyers xline or Canadiens xline that will gain acceptance among fans) we have some great ones that didnt get approved yet but i am still pushing for approval.

I hope Xline will tackle the NHL again...

In most cases, we identiy the school that we think needs an xline or is underperforming in sales. We then float the idea past the school and go to work. Some schools are easy to work with others are not. After multiple ideas we usually finalize one and go with it. Its important that the mark is good with the university but also will add sales. The retailers really need to like it otherwise it will not succeed. We have done many many graphics that i thought were slam dunks but the school never approved them. Bemidji State would be a good one to do for sure. Maybe ill add it to our project list.

Awesome. Like I said before, I'm a big fan of your caps. I think the first one I got was in 2001 - a Minnesota Wild fitted. Great story behind that one:

My daughter was born sick, with pnumonia and sepsys, so she got air-lifted to a hospital a couple hours away. After we'd been camped at the hospital for a couple weeks, my wife decided we needed a break, and she wanted to go to the mall. She got a hair cut and I bought the cap. I've still got it, despite retiring several other I've bought since, and I've got no plans to get rid of it, ever, despite it being quite grungy by now. It's got such memories - good and bad - behind it for me :)

Archived