Personal Hockey League

JackFr

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New NHL Rivalries jersey coming soon, but while I was stuck on that I decided to try my hand at branding a franchise instead of rebranding. I really enjoyed the blank canvas, and I might do more. So (possibly for starters):

PORTLAND FOXES

I wanted a modern feel without piping, and something outlandish but not ugly. The Fox idea came because as I was thinking of animals I realized that Foxes are really unrepresented in sport. The colour scheme was Orange, Black and White, but I thought that the one I eventually chose looked more professional.

I'd like ideas about possible shoulder logos; I couldn't come up with any good ones.

Fox5.png

Fox6.png

C&C of course.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

i think the eye needs some detail just based on how much detail you have in the shading around it. also, i would eliminate one of the shades of gray. one is enough. i would also eliminate the darker orange color and just have the brown color more prominent and thicker in the shading. the home jersey could also use some white in there.

it's a good start though and definitely has potential with some tweaking.

@JaxNoles I'll take that into account.

@bohob Great concept. I'll definitely use that as inspiration to get the shape down.

@jaha32 The update will have one grey and a better eye, but the darker orange has to be there in the logo to give it depth.

@seancarter Thank you for your detailed and insightful constructive criticism.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Part 2 begins:

GASPE SNAKES

The jerseys were designed in keeping with the modernity theme. This concept is fairly straightforwards.

A note: The G was designed to also look like an S (for Snakes) from a distance, as an optical illusion.

Cobra3.png

Cobra1.png

C&C on both the update and the new one.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

@jaha32 The update will have one grey and a better eye, but the darker orange has to be there in the logo to give it depth.

the white to the eye is a little better, but im assuming the brown part is the pupil or iris, which means it should have a slight curve to it. right now it's straight and a little confusing. also, there is a thin brown line around the white part of the eye and no where else in the logo is there any lines that thin. the line around the eye should be thicker. i still think you dont need that darker orange color. any darker color for shading will give it depth and you already are using brown, so why not use the brown to give it depth. less unecessary colors is better IMO, but its your call.

the cheek looks better.

you should also use a different number style for your latest snake jersey so both teams arent using the same one. i do like the reptile-like triangles on the jersey though. unique.

the white to the eye is a little better, but im assuming the brown part is the pupil or iris, which means it should have a slight curve to it. right now it's straight and a little confusing. also, there is a thin brown line around the white part of the eye and no where else in the logo is there any lines that thin. the line around the eye should be thicker. i still think you dont need that darker orange color. any darker color for shading will give it depth and you already are using brown, so why not use the brown to give it depth. less unecessary colors is better IMO, but its your call.

the cheek looks better.

Sometimes less unnecessary colours is better, but if I cut out dark orange and only used the dark brown then there would be either too much orange (making it too plain), or too much brown (making the actual image confused).

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Nice concepts and team names. The fox's mouth is too wide open. Nice start.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It doesn't look like any more input is coming, so how about some team name suggestions for Quebec and Halifax? And of course please, more C&C on the Snakes would be fantastic.

I see this kind of like a CHL type thing; staying mostly Canadian with a few American teams.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Thanks for the comments. Anybody else have any more input on the Snakes?

yeah. again, change the number font. I think that style works for your Foxes team, but do you plan on using the same number style for every team? Im just curious because you obvious put a lot of time on the snake pattern which looks nice, so why not spend another 5 minutes and find numbers to match?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived