New York Rangers 3rd jersey

nash61

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For my NHL Rebrand on HockeyJerseyConcepts, I changed the Rangers to navy and dark red. Here is the third jersey that I came up with to complete the set. C&C?

RedLiberty.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That's a thing of beauty. My only criticism is that with the sleeve stripes and the yoke in such a dark blue, it looks very similar to the Devils' jerseys at first glance. Maybe using the Rangers' block font for the numbers with their trademark drop shadow might help the first impression?

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

That's a thing of beauty. My only criticism is that with the sleeve stripes and the yoke in such a dark blue, it looks very similar to the Devils' jerseys at first glance. Maybe using the Rangers' block font for the numbers with their trademark drop shadow might help the first impression?

Wow. Now that you mention it... sure i'll try that for my actual rebrand.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The jersey in this concept is kitchener rangers new 3rd with lady liberty instead of the soldier.

Hence the subtitle "inspired by their namesake in Kitchener" :P

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

RedLibertycopy.png

Better?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

because it's based on a jersey that already works, this concept is just fine. The similarity to the Devils is a little much for Rangers fans to tolerate, I think. Instead of the thin sleeve stripes you have there, how about trying to use sleeve stripes similar to the old lady liberty thirds? That angled look with blue ends to the sleeves would be more than enough to differentiate the two, and it might look really good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

RedLibertycopycopy.png

I think I like the first update better. This screams PANTHERS to me.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's my latest update:

RedLibertycopycopycopy.png

Replace the blue arm stripe with silver

I tried, but it killed the classic feel that I'm trying for here.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bump. My Rangers rebrand is due soon, and I want as much feedback to help me decide what 3rd to use.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 years later...

Archived