TCU Helmet (and now uniforms too!)

mcrosby

Sorry but... the red just ruins the uniform. It's completely distracting. It doesn't fit at all. I know you want to incorporate it, and I love the reasoning behind it, but it just is completely out of place. It drags everything down.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Hey Pianoknight!I used to watch animal planet all the time when I was younger,and I saw a show where they had a horned frog on.I was 6,but I knew what a lizard was.So I was wondering how it was a frog,but the narrator explained why it was called that.The person who discovered it thought was frog(not very edumucated)so he called it a horned frog and even scientist call it that.Okay so the story didn't go exactly like that,but it was similar.The guy really did think it was a frog.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Hey Pianoknight!I used to watch animal planet all the time when I was younger,and I saw a show where they had a horned frog on.I was 6,but I knew what a lizard was.So I was wondering how it was a frog,but the narrator explained why it was called that.The person who discovered it thought was frog(not very edumucated)so he called it a horned frog and even scientist call it that.Okay so the story didn't go exactly like that,but it was similar.The guy really did think it was a frog.

I was going to post something snarky, but the Bears just intercepted Joe Webb's pass again. I'm no longer in a mood to talk.

Well if we're going to be completely analytical about it, "horned frogs" are not frogs at all, they're lizards. So if you must include the blood red, then you should call them the TCU Horned Lizards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_lizard

Sorry, mcrosby, I'm not aiming this at you. Your design skills are great and the concept looks good. But my fear is that eventually we'll get to a point where football teams look like NASCAR drivers, replete with corporate bastardry and non-official color schemes.

Well, let me set things straight here. Nascar teams have more uniformed looks than do sports teams. At least they keep their color schemes matching the sponsors and their uniforms look the same. I have a problem with not so much the template, but the fact that TCU is #1 using black and it looks bad with purple, #2 they've decided to add grey and red to the scheme. I'll agree with pianoknight, not planoknight, that teams using colors that aren't school colors is bad. Then again, schools making nice and clean uniforms look good to be shills for Nike is horrible. I'm talking to the "U". I wish they would go back to a classic uniform that had winning associated with it. Get rid of the funky Nike designs, and go back to the uniforms of champions.

I like the reasoning behind the red. Nike's original idea was "bloodlines" was it not? When I first saw the actual rivalry uniforms for TCU I thought, "What the hell does bloodlines mean? Did all the guys on the teams' dads play for TCU too?" Then I found out that's what the animal actually did. That's when it all clicked: it makes sense for Nike to put the red on the helment. It's pretty clever really. (It's by the eyes, and it's not over-used.)

Your uniforms, on the other hand, completely abuse the idea of red as a part of the scheme referencing what the lizard actually does. It does not shoot the blood from its armpits, neck or legs. I think if the red piping were only restricted to those areas, I could tolerate it. However, it also outlines the pro combat shield on the collar and the logo on the shoulders too! It's just too much.

As for the basics, I like it. I like the purple over the black. I like the purple helmet. (I really like your horned lizards concept. I like the shade of purple better. It's very traditional. I'd love to see TCU in something like that.) I think you just took the red thing a bit too far.

The red is supposed to represent blood shot out of horned frogs eyes

Really?

Yes, really. Nice picture of the frog actually doing it too Crosby. I think the helmet looks great the way it is, can't wait to see the uniforms.

No.

What made you think you could say that and get away with it?

LehQRaC.png

Yeah the red is a little too much on the uniforms, maybe just use it around the sleeves.

As far as pianoknight having the biggest freakout over a touch of red on the uniform...I was explaining why the guy used it, and why Nike used it, if you have a problem with it so much call Nike (although they wont really give a :censored: what you think). It is a concept, if he wants to add pink the colors hell let him add pink, you don't have to comment on it.

The red is supposed to represent blood shot out of horned frogs eyes

Really?

Yes, really. Nice picture of the frog actually doing it too Crosby. I think the helmet looks great the way it is, can't wait to see the uniforms.

No.

What made you think you could say that and get away with it?

huh? Maybe because thats the reason it was used.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Where is it stated that the red represents blood shot from a horned toad's eye?

Here.

Read the last paragraph.

That's fine. It just ruins the look of the uniform. Completely ruins it. Irish people stereotypically have red hair... but you don't see Notre Dame throwing red or orange all over their uniforms, despite the fact that it would totally look retarded and ruin the uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Where is it stated that the red represents blood shot from a horned toad's eye?

You click on the link I posted and then you scroll down to the bottom where it talks about their Pro Combat helmets and then you read the description. Do you need directions on how to read too?

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

so it was last week?

• 3 months later...

Archived