TCU Helmet (and now uniforms too!)

mcrosby

That's ten different kinds of awesome!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Neah. I don't understand why they are forcing red in with TCU. Keep it to purple, black, gray, and skin. As for the skin... keep it the normal color. Making it purple loses the whole point of what it is... which is the frog Skin... not... some purple hair metal band pattern from the 80's.

As for the logo... I mean, I guess. It's better than cramming the TCU and the frog. I still think the frog is just too sick of a logo to not be on the helmet.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I still can't support the random red stripes. TCU has never (and probably ever) have red as a school color. This Nike crap of adding a random non-school color to uniforms bugs the crap out of me.

Think it's bad now? Wait until they take over the NFL. The Packers will have a teal stripe on their pants and a neon orange helmet.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The red is supposed to represent blood shot out of horned frogs eyes, thats why thats the only stripe its used on. I think this looks really cool!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I considered taking the red out, but after seeing this:

low_horned1_lg.jpg

I just could not bring myself to leave out the red. Plus, I think it compliments the black and purple very well. As for leaving the 'scales' pattern grey...I really wanted purple to be the main focus of this, not grey. I tried the 'frog' but it looks very strange on the scales, which I insist on keeping for this concept. It will be on the uniform.

The red is supposed to represent blood shot out of horned frogs eyes

Really?

Yes, really. Nice picture of the frog actually doing it too Crosby. I think the helmet looks great the way it is, can't wait to see the uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Neah. I don't understand why they are forcing red in with TCU. Keep it to purple, black, gray, and skin. As for the skin... keep it the normal color. Making it purple loses the whole point of what it is... which is the frog Skin... not... some purple hair metal band pattern from the 80's.

As for the logo... I mean, I guess. It's better than cramming the TCU and the frog. I still think the frog is just too sick of a logo to not be on the helmet.

Florida used orange gator skin

Here's some unis. I wanted to take the red from the helmet into the uniform (again I feel like it would make a great accent color with some actual meaning). The scales are reserved for the pant stripe, shoulder, and collar. I left the player name off, imo colleges are more about the school than the player and I prefer no name. The pro combat shield includes a TCU logo I haven't seen much of, but I think it works great for the shield.

Again thanks to whoever's template this is, I downloaded it quite some time ago.

TCUunis.png

Wow, that actually looks really awesome.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The red is supposed to represent blood shot out of horned frogs eyes

Really?

Yes, really. Nice picture of the frog actually doing it too Crosby. I think the helmet looks great the way it is, can't wait to see the uniforms.

That's great. But it's STILL not an official color of the school. Should Maryland add shades of green and brown because they're the Terrapins? Maybe you'd also have Michigan add browns and grays to mimic a real life Wolverine. I guess I need to call up the boys in Lincoln and tell them to add green pants since we all know that corn comes in a green husk.

Again, I'm not saying that I don't like your concept. The work is good and the color scheme is catchy. But I absolutely HATE schools wearing non-official school colors. Throwback/Alternate schemes are one thing, but when schools start adding different colors altogether you start wondering where the line will be drawn.

I can't wait for the Sun Bowl when Notre Dame will whip out their black and orange uniforms.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Oh my pianoknight.

For the sake of sanity, let's just say that in this concept world, red is an official color of TCU....it is legal to add a color to your school's official colors is it not?

Horned 'toads' spit blood out their eyes. That's amazing, more so than wolverines being brown, and corn stalks being green. I think that can justify adding a color. (plus this is a Rose Bowl inspired concept as well...roses are red?)

Thank you for the compliments to the concept, it means a lot.

Now relax a little bit and enjoy the concept.

Well if we're going to be completely analytical about it, "horned frogs" are not frogs at all, they're lizards. So if you must include the blood red, then you should call them the TCU Horned Lizards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_lizard

Sorry, mcrosby, I'm not aiming this at you. Your design skills are great and the concept looks good. But my fear is that eventually we'll get to a point where football teams look like NASCAR drivers, replete with corporate bastardry and non-official color schemes.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Well if we're going to be completely analytical about it, "horned frogs" are not frogs at all, they're lizards. So if you must include the blood red, then you should call them the TCU Horned Lizards.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Horned_lizard

Sorry, mcrosby, I'm not aiming this at you. Your design skills are great and the concept looks good. But my fear is that eventually we'll get to a point where football teams look like NASCAR drivers, replete with corporate bastardry and non-official color schemes.

I think you're going a little overboard, man. One team adding a color that relates to their mascot for an ALTERNATE uniform won't lead to "corporate bastardry" in college football. Relax.

Archived