ACC Australian Football

Discrim

Alright, as promised, the ACC Footy thread begins.

Clemson

clemsonfooty.png

the first choice is purple & orange hoops, and then there are two white jumpers, both with tiger stripes...one version has purple stripes, the other version has orange.

Georgia Tech

georgiatechfooty.png

the first of the sashed jumpers...in this case, I figured all-white could be Tech's calling card, with the clash being blue and gold hoops (GT tends to emphasize gold and white over blue, hence the gold back). The vintage jumper is cream with the sash thinner and over the right shoulder rather than the left.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

alright, I figure tonight's as good a time to continue things, so here goes Maryland

marylandfooty.png

the home features a sash version of Maryland's distinctive flag. The away is plain red with the Crossland flag as a shadow pattern. The clash features the Lord Baltimore flag as striping. I'd toyed with the idea of adding some sort of turtle shell pattern on the back before nixing it.

Then, here goes Virginia

virginiafooty.png

Heh, with some teams, the answer to which way do I go is stupidly obvious. With UVa, obvious resembles Big V, or the state of Victoria's representative jumper. The cavalier logos, I honestly didn't know existed until I got started...and though I don't think what I tried on the clash works quite as well as it does with my other personal Big V (though, then again, Villanova's cat tearing through the V is hard to top) but it'll do.

lemme hear ya (bow)

2016cubscreamsig.png

alright, halfway home now...

Va Tech

vatechfooty.png

for those who may be newish to the boards, the turkey head is one of my own logos, not VT's, but there aren't many teams whose mascot is a turkey.

Dook

dukefooty.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

The Clemson work-up is a thing of absolute beauty! And Maryland is very cool. It has your signature design style by embracing the state flag, yet still looks fresh. All of the concepts here are great or better.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Discrim, your creativity never ceases to be pleasing to the eyes. All of these are very nice. Some specifics I really like though include:

The V from UVa's logo being like an upside-down chevron that is seen a lot in Aussie Rules jersey design. Brilliant.

The Maryland flag filling the diagonal "sash"-stripe on UM's jersey.

The absolute simplicity of Georgia Tech's uniforms.

Excellent stuff, man.

I forgot to mention it cus I was a bit tired when I posted, but the Duke clash takes a bit of inspiration from the Sydney Swans, only instead of an opera house, the yoke ends in a flame, and the Va Tech home is based on Fitzroy's 1960s jumper.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Due to an illness in the family, I haven't been as active as I usually am. So here goes NC State and UNC

North Carolina

uncfooty.png

for two of em, my inspiration was the 80s/90s Milwaukee Admirals

NC State

ncstatefooty-1.png

the home and clash: the howling wolf silhouette made a good substitute for the opera house. The third, I just like the 90s alt logos that much.

2016cubscreamsig.png

NC: Not a big fan of the clash or vintage. It's just a little too much IMO. I feel like argyle, used well, would look much better.

NC State: Now those are AWESOME! That wolf silhouette looks incredible...one of my favorites for sure.

Winding down and nearing the last post, we got Boston College and Wake Forest

Boston College

bostoncollegefooty.png

your basic variation of the West Coast Eagles for the home and clash. The third uses a chest stripe modeled after the sleeve stripes of the Doug Flutie-era football uniforms.

Wake Forest

wakeforestfooty.png

heh, V's are pretty common. W's, not so much. And the old guy aint exactly a great emblem.

Bonus: North Carolina argyle

uncfooty2.png

UNC men's hoops is famous for using argyle sides. The Tar Heel women used paisley sides during the 90s. I'd considered other patterns (and would've considered houndstooth if it weren't so synonymous with Bama) but here goes the argyle. Not exactly the best argyle pattern ever, but it sufficed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Wake Forest looks a little Charlie Brown ish. He had his own football problems. And wouldn't Boston colleges wings look better on the back of the jerseys? But overall these are awesome. Love the idea and the NC State ones are sweet!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

these've been done for a while, but I hadn't gotten around to releasing em...eh well, consider this project finished.

Florida State

fsufooty.png

The semi-sash here is modifed from the FSU monogram, and is meant to be a spear. I figure, however, that some will clamor for the spear from the football helmets. When I'd done these, I thought that spear might end up working too oddly, but I'll give it a shot if anybody asks.

Miami

miamifooty.png

again, I know halves aint common in footy, but I wouldn't do the Canes' first choice any other way. In addition, the clash's pinstripes are also green on one side, orange on the other. The third is supposed to look like the eye of a hurricane.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived