N.h.l May Reduce Scedule

Joshawaggie

I wouldn't mind seeing the playoffs begin before the end of march. Sshortent he Sched and limit inter division doesn't sound too out there. the big thought that I had, in this modern age of scoring, its going to be rare to see anyone make 50 goals or 100 points if the sched gets shorted by 10 games

I knda of like the the no inter-conference games. That would mean more games against you Division rivals. That means about 8 Devils-Flyers, Devils-Rangers, Rangers-Islanders, Toronto-Ottawa, Toronto-Montreal, Avs-Wings, Etc....... Plus it woud make the Cup Finals a little more interesting as the teams never played each other.

That might sound like a good plan to someone in the New York area who would get a lot of great East Coast matchups, but living in Minnesota, it would SUCK.

There's no way I'd go in on season tickets again knowing in advance I'd NEVER get to see the Leafs, Devils, Flyers, Rangers, Bruins, Canadiens, Senators ever again and up and coming teams like Tampa Bay and Atlanta with their young stars.

You want me to trade that of even more games against Nashville, Phoenix, Anaheim and Columbus

Forget that!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Here's an idea:

Drop Divisions altogether. Play each interconference team 3 times, other conference teams 2 times each. 72 games total. Everybody gets to play everybody everywhere at least once. Top 8 teams in conference still make playoffs anyways. Parity would be moreso because the Detroits and the Tampas wouldn't be able to suck all the points out of their weak divisions so easily.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Here's an idea:

Drop Divisions altogether. Play each interconference team 3 times, other conference teams 2 times each. 72 games total. Everybody gets to play everybody everywhere at least once. Top 8 teams in conference still make playoffs anyways. Parity would be moreso because the Detroits and the Tampas wouldn't be able to suck all the points out of their weak divisions so easily.

Htat makes no sense, why play the other conference 3 times each, but only your own conference (The conference in which your fighting teams to make the playoffs and seeding) only twice.

Something like baseball's interleague would work! Like I said the first time, it would be set up where the Pacific vs. Northeast, Central vs. Atlantic, and Northwest vs. Southeast. Rotate every 3 years so everyone sees everyone. Do it with two weeks before the All-Star break and then its intraconference rush time to the playoffs!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Here's an idea:

Take Roger's idea ever further: Have 2 games against your confrence mates, and 2 against the others (58). Once that's done, then play between confrences is eliminated, and every team in every confrence plays each other once. This would be incredible relating to playoff seeding, in my mind. Every game would matter that much more.

Here's an idea:

Drop Divisions altogether.  Play each interconference team 3 times, other conference teams 2 times each.  72 games total.  Everybody gets to play everybody everywhere at least once.  Top 8 teams in conference still make playoffs anyways.  Parity would be moreso because the Detroits and the Tampas wouldn't be able to suck all the points out of their weak divisions so easily.

Htat makes no sense, why play the other conference 3 times each, but only your own conference (The conference in which your fighting teams to make the playoffs and seeding) only twice.

Huh? :blink:

champssig2.png

Here's an idea:

If I am interpretting RC correctly, then he said play each team in your conference 3 teams and the other conferences teams 2 times.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Here's an idea:

If I am interpretting RC correctly, then he said play each team in your conference 3 teams and the other conferences teams 2 times.

Yes, that is what I said. How he got the other message, I don't know.

--Tphrt 'Yo,r/" V;r,rmyr.

champssig2.png

Archived