N.h.l May Reduce Scedule

Joshawaggie

And how will the owners compinsate the fans for five or six lost games? Simple, they'll jack up the ticket prices ten to fifteen percent!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

why does the subject text not allow you to capitalize multiple letters? I even tried periods inbetween letters this time, and i still end up lookin like a doof. oh well.

put spaces between the letters like this: N H L

the subject line capitalizes after a space.

why does the subject text not allow you to capitalize multiple letters? I even tried periods inbetween letters this time, and i still end up lookin like a doof. oh well.

put spaces between the letters like this: N H L

the subject line capitalizes after a space.

That's because "shouting" it turned off, so that no one can use ALL CAPS in a subject. Unfortunately, it capitalizes the first letter of every word.

About the schedule change, i worry more about the suggested abolition of inter-conference play. That'd be great for Eastern Conference teams in terms of travel, but the Western Conference would get screwed over.

This proposal is, in a sense, a company downsizing. When you're operating at a loss, you operate at a smaller scale to reduce your losses. But, other things left the same, that's also a 12% reduction in ticket revenue, concessions and game-day merchandise.

The league needs to increase revenue and exposure, and reduce operating costs (namely salaries). By slashing the season, they'd only be solving a small part of one of those 3 problems.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I knda of like the the no inter-conference games. That would mean more games against you Division rivals. That means about 8 Devils-Flyers, Devils-Rangers, Rangers-Islanders, Toronto-Ottawa, Toronto-Montreal, Avs-Wings, Etc....... Plus it woud make the Cup Finals a little more interesting as the teams never played each other.

I wish Baseball would go back to that. Sure, inter-league play was great at first but now it's become stale in my opinion.

I agree with Habs. So that would mean no Chicago vs. Toronto, no Detroit vs. Toronto? I mean that's some serious rivalries you're going to nix here. If anything, go 72 games, but add 5 or 10 games for interconference. Do it like the NFL and play against teams in one division and rotate them. you would be guaranteed to see that team once every six years if you add 5 games, that's not much. Add 10 games to the 72, and you can see every team in your home building every three years. This would:

1) make the teams going cross country get their entire East (or West) swing done in one quick trip.

2) it would also allow the schedule makers create mini-series between two teams for intra conference play.

If the league does go to an all-intraconference play, it gives a HUGE advantage to the Eastern Conference teams who don't have to travel 2/3 of the country to play a conference opponent.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Duh, I Don't know what I was thinking with the Avs-Wings.

I pdon't think you should add any more inter-conference games. I like the idea of no inter-conference games. Granted I am a fan of a team who plays in a division in which ever team is a close rival with every other team in the divsion.

I agree with Habs.  So that would mean no Chicago vs. Toronto, no Detroit vs. Toronto?

or San Jose-Toronto?

wait a minute.....

:rolleyes:

Hey, there's gonna be plenty of Sharks/Leafs games in about 3 weeks... and you're not gonna like em :D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Id like to see the NHL keep a littimted interleague schedule like MLB. THis way all the Original 6 still play each other as well as top teams from each confernce matching up.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived