The 2011 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the minority here but i love the yellow with syracuse. I think Nike hit this one out of the park.

You aren't alone. All the other kids who posted on that link provided loved it, too.

It's Nike! It's cool! Everything Nike does is awesome!!!

Every Nike team in every sport will wear black and volt next season.

Actually, i wouldn't be surprised if Oregon did something like that next season.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

5747977795_8b8f35b4be_o.png

Now, I'm not one to harp about whether schools should use their school colors or not. I say, if you can pull it off, do it. Syracuse couldn't pull it off. At least black, white and gray are somewhat neutral colors. Volt yellow only barely worked with Oregon because it was close to their yellow. There is no reason why any team should ever wear volt yellow, orange and white on the same uniform in any sport. Shame on you Nike, for shame.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That shade of "volt" and Syracuse's shade of orange don't work well together at all. I beginning to think that the people at Nike are either color blind or have no sense color at all.

It's meant to get attention and to sell merchandise. But that only works when you make merchandise that people would buy. Pretty sure not many Cuse fans bought this stuff.

That shade of "volt" and Syracuse's shade of orange don't work well together at all. I beginning to think that the people at Nike are either color blind or have no sense color at all.

It's meant to get attention and to sell merchandise. But that only works when you make merchandise that people would buy. Pretty sure not many Cuse fans bought this stuff.

I know why they do it. But during these meetings where they're coming up with these ideas, you would think someone would say "Maybe bright orange and neon yellow isn't the best color combo." But that hasn't happened yet (or they just don't listen to that person), so the only explanation for this is that the people at Nike are color blind or don't know how to pair up/balance colors.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'm not sure any of it was for sale. And read the comments on the link someone posted. The fans (who posted) loved it. That's the thing: young people like things because they are different/special not because they look good or make sense.

I know why they do it. But during these meetings where they're coming up with these ideas, you would think someone would say "Maybe bright orange and neon yellow isn't the best color combo." But that hasn't happened yet (or they just don't listen to that person), so the only explanation for this is that the people at Nike are color blind or don't know how to pair up/balance colors.

It doesn't matter how good it looks, as long as it gets attention.

That's what this poster should have said: nike-football-oregon-ad.jpg

That's what this poster should have said: nike-football-oregon-ad.jpg

Meh, that wasn't that bad. At least Oregon has yellow as one of its colors.

Some shots of Denver-Hopkins. DU rockin' their UA unis and two-tone Warrior helmets, which all look pretty sharp, IMHO. Hopkins in the new Nike template, which I kind of like. I also like the idea of the bluejay wings, but don't think the execution was quite there.

DU-Hopkins_2.jpgDU-Hopkins_1.jpgDU-Hopkins_3.jpg

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

For me, the classic Hopkins look needs more black than what we see in those pics. And, the simplest way to do that with this particular set is to wear black shorts.

It goes back as far as they've been playing the game at Homewood:

jack-thomas-johns-hopkins-lacrosse.jpg?w=279&h=417

yet it still carries through quite well into today's more modern designs:

large_Rabil-PU08-7.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived