The 2011 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad there's no pics up from the Princeton-Hofstra game to see how the Tigers' mess of a set looks in person :P

Here's one:

Princeton-Hofstra_lax.jpg

They actually look pretty good, IMHO.

Yeah they look a lot better in person than they did in the illustration (especially the flat helmets). All I ask for is some consistency between the set, I guess

I think Hofstra's pretty much the same, but they've always had a solid look with UA

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Here's Denver vs. Vermont:

2011_Denver_Vermont_10.jpg2011_Denver_Vermont_13.jpg2011_Denver_Vermont_14.jpg

All in all, a pretty nice looking game, uni-wise, although once again I wish DU would have gone with a red visor and chin guard for their new helmets.

Here's Air Force's new set -- and WAY too much yellow from Siena:

2011AirForce_lax.jpg

The Falcons are sporting blue helmets for the first time in their history (always been white before) along with a standard Nike template.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I'm not real sure what Jacksonville is wearing in this game against Georgetown. I'm not a lax expert, but those jerseys look horrendous.

MLAX%20Bobby%20Stockton%20Sunshine%20Classic.jpg

Oh good god. Nike decided to bring back the school under the number idea that plagued Syracuse's uniforms in 2009. With sublimated striping to boot. Wow.

ffMc5dZ.png

I'm not real sure what Jacksonville is wearing in this game against Georgetown. I'm not a lax expert, but those jerseys look horrendous.

Oh good god. Nike decided to bring back the school under the number idea that plagued Syracuse's uniforms in 2009. With sublimated striping to boot. Wow.

BAAAAAAAAARF.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Syracuse is wearing these throwbacks tonight against UVa:

jerseyfront2.jpg?1299267954

helmet_resize.jpg

Pretty sweet. A lot of greatness occurred in those uniforms.

Looks like Virginia is wearing throwbacks, too, although not very far back...

Syracuse's set looks great, but of course Nike couldn't manage to get the shorts right, as they should have been royal blue with a two-stripe orange-white pattern. The ones tonight just have a single white stripe. Nevertheless, this is what the 'Cuse should still wear, IMHO. I know the athletic department wanted to standardized the colors and have every team go with navy blue, but that would be easy enough.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

BAAAAAAAAARF.

Those really are horrendous.

Tf9TG.jpg

That is what Cuse should be wearing all the time. I played against them when they wore those unis in the early 2000s. So much better than the crap Nike is outfitting them in now. That was an iconic look in lacrosse.

Syracuse is wearing these throwbacks tonight against UVa:

jerseyfront2.jpg?1299267954

helmet_resize.jpg

Pretty sweet. A lot of greatness occurred in those uniforms.

Looks like Virginia is wearing throwbacks, too, although not very far back...

Syracuse's set looks great, but of course Nike couldn't manage to get the shorts right, as they should have been royal blue with a two-strip orange-white pattern. The ones tonight juts have a single white stripe. Nevertheless, this is what the 'Cuse should still wear, IMHO. I know the athletic department wanted to standardized the colors and have every team go with navy blue, but that would be easy enough.

Sweet who did you play for Zach?

Also, I saw bits of the Princeton-Hopkins game today and the Tigers had the orange uniforms on with black helmets and shorts. Once again, my complaint is the lack of consistency. Oh, and the orange jerseys are much weaker than the black ones with the sublimated stripes on the shoulders. I'll try and find a pic when it comes up later

ffMc5dZ.png

FWIW, Hofstra's whites and Harvard's crimson, even though they look the same

hofstraharvard1.jpg

And how much of a decrease in quality are the orange Princeton jerseys from the black, you ask? Let this picture be a bit of a clue before I can find a better pic

hopkinsprinceton1.jpg

On the topic of alternates/throwbacks, here's how Syracuse looked with them in action. Also UVA's navy jerseys look a bit different this year

030511CuseABS.jpg

ffMc5dZ.png

I played for Georgetown for a little while in the early 2000s.

My biggest issues with the Princeton look is that the sleeve logo and the chest logo are the same. And for some reason the collar looks funny... that said the sublimated tiger stripes didn't bother me that much on the broadcast. I thought they worked well in general with the flat black helmets.

Sweet who did you play for Zach?

Also, I saw bits of the Princeton-Hopkins game today and the Tigers had the orange uniforms on with black helmets and shorts. Once again, my complaint is the lack of consistency. Oh, and the orange jerseys are much weaker than the black ones with the sublimated stripes on the shoulders. I'll try and find a pic when it comes up later

Finally some pictures of HOLY CRAP SUBLIMATED TIGER STRIPES LOOK RIDICULOUS

front%20of%20uni.jpg

back%20of%20uni%27s.jpg

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/03/08/game-day-gear-princeton-tiger-orange-unis

Please, please stick with black on the road, Princeton. Those look so much better

And one more look at the Syracuse throwbacks. Looks like old-school mesh too, so Nike really went the distance (besides getting the pants slightly wrong)

front%20uni.jpg

front%20and%20back%20uni%27s.jpg

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/03/08/game-day-gear-syracuse-throwback-uniforms

ffMc5dZ.png

I love this logo on Washington College's helmets -- it's the perfect shape for the space:

usl_herdegen_wac_wide.jpg

And if the side panels didn't intrude so ridiculously onto the the front of the jersey, I would love the unis, too.

Jacksonville's jersey looks like a soccer jersey, but I kind of like it.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived