The 2011 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

Lacrosse season is here before you know it and some jerseys are starting to be unveiled this week.

Yes, Warrior :censored:ed up Princeton's jerseys again

Uni_Orange.jpg

Uni_Black.jpg

Uni_White.jpg

I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. Just use Nike's jerseys for the women's team (or any of their other teams), apply it to a men's jersey, and run with that. Leave it to Warrior to somehow one-up themselves each year in horrible-ness. :lol:

Also Syracuse's media day is Thursday so be on the lookout for any changes to the Orange later in the week

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me go a little more specific with my feelings towards this considering I was a bit too general

I have no problem with the piping, it's the consistency from jersey to jersey. The orange jersey has a completely different font for "Princeton" on it, not to mention a different styled number plus the sublimated tiger stripes on the shoulders. The black and the white don't have that. Also, pick a logo and stick with it. The orange have the tiger head, the black have the P, and the white have the crest. It's just too inconsistent a set. Not to mention Warrior screws up things quite a bit with the Tigers. For instance, last year's Big City Classic, instead of having an orange alternate of their uniforms to wear (I won't even get into how confusing it was with Princeton in white/orange/white and Syracuse in white/white/white, both with orange the dominant color), they wore their 2009 road uniforms.

I'll reserve any later judgment when I see these in action, but as of now it's a bit of a jumbled mess. And knowing some other schools, this probably won't even be the worst of the year :wacko:

ffMc5dZ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bump time as it looks like Cascade has unveiled a lot of their helmets for this upcoming year. Looks like Syracuse and UNC (argyle!!) have some basketball inspiration towards their decals and Virginia will be having numbers on a side of their helmets

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/01/21/gear-zone-cascade-2011-lax-convention

Also, during Syracuse's media day they wore last season's away uniforms, so we'll see come February 20th whether they're sticking with last years set or coming with something new. Games start in two weeks so we'll be able to see a lot more uniforms in the coming weeks.

ffMc5dZ.png

I'd prefer Carolina to have stripes with argyle rather than the whole thing. Having the whole helmet in that design will either cause headaches or will just look blue with everyone running.

I love the Hopkins helmets though.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• 4 weeks later...

Duke-Notre Dame's on ESPN in a game that's out-snoozing the national title game if that's possible, and it looks like Duke's jerseys changed a little bit. The blue helmets look really sharp

Also, gotta wait on photos, but Syracuse and Denver have changed. Syracuse got rid of navy on their jerseys again (ugh), but they look pretty sharp.

EDIT: Actually, Duke's got a huge update. They're now with Nike instead of Brine. Looks like they've got a bit of the usual Nike lacrosse template treatment. They've also got Warrior helmets

Oh, and post 1,000 wooo :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Yes, Duke now has one of Nike's standard templates:

2011_Duke_Siena_35.jpg2011_Duke_Siena_31.jpg

Never been crazy about this design, and it seems like an odd choice since their arch-rivals at UNC wear the same template:

2011_North_Carolina_RMU_32.jpg2011_North_Carolina_RMU_02.jpg

I do like the color and metallic sheen of Duke's new helmets, although I'm not a big fan of numbers on the sides -- would rather see the iconic Duke "D" logo there.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Duke-Notre Dame's on ESPN in a game that's out-snoozing the national title game if that's possible, and it looks like Duke's jerseys changed a little bit. The blue helmets look really sharp

Also, gotta wait on photos, but Syracuse and Denver have changed. Syracuse got rid of navy on their jerseys again (ugh), but they look pretty sharp.

EDIT: Actually, Duke's got a huge update. They're now with Nike instead of Brine. Looks like they've got a bit of the usual Nike lacrosse template treatment. They've also got Warrior helmets

Oh, and post 1,000 wooo :P

Looks to me like Denver has the same UA unis as last year, but with new Warrior helmets. Not crazy about those plain white lids -- would like them better if they had a contrasting red visor and a little more gold, maybe on the back panel decal and the chin guard. As far as the 'cuse goes, I really hate the lack of blue once again...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Some uniform pics thanks to Inside Lacrosse

Looks like Cornell's staying the same

IMG_7939.jpg

Towson Home

front%20of%20jersey.jpg

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/02/23/game-day-gear-towson-university-home (Worth noting, UA uniforms and shoes, Cascade Helmets, Brine elbow pads, and Warrior gloves? That's a bit of a mess considering Warrior's got their own helmets that a lot of schools are now using)

Loyola Home

loyola8.jpg

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/02/22/game-day-gear-loyola-home (OK, now we got UA uniforms and shoes, Warrior Helmets, and Brine gloves and pads. Yikes)

Johns Hopkins Away. Once again pretty similar to what they've worn the past few years (I think Hopkins is last Maryland school yet to be gobbled up by UA at this point)

BLUE%20AWAY%20JERSEY.jpg

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2011/02/21/game-day-gear-johns-hopkins-away

ffMc5dZ.png

Those Carolina helmets are amazing... I'd like to see the argyle more concentrated somewhere. It sort of bleeds off the helmet into the blue.

I wish I didn't play club lacrosse for a green and white team, though. I play with the same goggles in that earlier thread (the Cascade ones), but mine are blue. Plus I play with a Brine Allure stick, which could match the UNC squad quite well.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Watching Maryland-G'town on ESPNU. The Terrapins' road unis are white helmets, white shorts... and yellow jerseys.

Now, being the #3 team in D1, they can get away with a fashion faux pas or two. Still, I can't decide what's crazier, using yellow and white to represent a sports team named after a turtle, or... well, naming your sports team after a turtle. :P

CCSLC signature.png

Watching Maryland-G'town on ESPNU. The Terrapins' road unis are white helmets, white shorts... and yellow jerseys.

Now, being the #3 team in D1, they can get away with a fashion faux pas or two. Still, I can't decide what's crazier, using yellow and white to represent a sports team named after a turtle, or... well, naming your sports team after a turtle. :P

Maryland is at home. Since this appears to be the same UA design as last year's, they also have red shorts, black shorts, red jerseys, white jerseys and black helmets, so I won't be surprised if they end up wearing numerous different combinations during the course of the season.

2754-4.jpg

Duke with their black/blue/black look and Penn's got UA uniforms this year as well as more red than navy on their home jerseys

image.JPG

image.JPG

Stony Brook and Virginia essentially look the same, though I don't recall seeing UVA use those navy helmets

Too bad there's no pics up from the Princeton-Hofstra game to see how the Tigers' mess of a set looks in person :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Archived