The 2011 NCAA Lacrosse Uniform Thread

RyanMcD29

You know, I know Mercer (Macon, GA) has started a lacrosse program this season. Maybe if someone can find a pic of their jersey (home or away), that would be cool.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_0208_copy.jpg?max_width=599&max_height=379&crop=true

laxjax01q.jpg?max_width=599&max_height=379&crop=true

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I was just gonna post those once I saw them on Inside Lacrosse. Wow those helmets are so sharp. Wish they wore them the season opener vs. Syracuse

Oh, and Hopkins had their black uniforms on this Saturday like they usually do once a year when they play Syracuse or another big rival

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I was just gonna post those once I saw them on Inside Lacrosse. Wow those helmets are so sharp. Wish they wore them the season opener vs. Syracuse

Oh, and Hopkins had their black uniforms on this Saturday like they usually do once a year when they play Syracuse or another big rival

Here are some pics:

Hopkins_black_2.jpgHopkins_black_1.jpgHopkins_black_3.jpg

Though I'm still not crazy about this particular Nike uniform template, the overall look is pretty cool IMHO. Love the black helmets -- again, light years better than the plain white ones.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Those Mercer uniforms look REALLY boring, with helmet and all.

At least their logo's not on the helmet. That is one of the worst logos in all of sports.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Gold piping on a white background along with black socks paired with white shoes might just encapsulate two of my least favorite trends in modern sports uniform design. The gold alternate is tolerable because it at least has some contrasting elements.

Bryant's white:

Sternberg_2598.JPG?max_width=800&max_height=600

Bryant's black:

HOB-Crowley2.JPG?max_width=800&max_height=600

and Bryant's new Gold uniform:

MLax-Army32DSPICS.jpg?max_width=400

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Last year's Big City Classic had the confusion of Syracuse-Princeton in white/white/white vs. white/orange/white

Now this year we've got Hopkins in black/columbia blue/columbia blue vs. UNC in dark navy/white/carolina blue. They couldn't have Hopkins in black or something? It's borderline looking like an intra-squad scrimmage

ffMc5dZ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this again, because if you've been watching lacrosse as of late, Syracuse is becoming the Oregon of football. So. Many. Combos. Expect a chart from me when I have some free time this week to show what uniform combo's they've come out with (hint: they're falling in love with blue shorts now. And they're royal, not navy)

ffMc5dZ.png

Yay, excuse to bring this out without me having 5 back-to-back posts in this thread (and yes, Hopkins needs to break back out the columbia blues. I understand breaking out the alts for rivalry games, but it would make more sense to do that vs. UNC and keep the old school look against your oldest rival in Maryland)

But without further ado, a look at the combos Syracuse has worn this year. Things get nutty from Duke on, it seems

syracuseuniformcombos.png

ffMc5dZ.png

Saw the 'Cuse/Providence game at Foxboro on Saturday. Definitely should have broken out some blue shorts with the Orange unis and helmets. The Friars had a relatively slick look... I wasn't a huge fan of the Friars wordmark across the bottom of the back of the jersey, but their font and storm trooper look was pretty clean.

Unfortunately I couldn't say the same for their current student fans who made the trip up from campus... they were throwing insults to everyone rooting against the Friars. Didn't matter if they were kids or parents.

Yay, excuse to bring this out without me having 5 back-to-back posts in this thread (and yes, Hopkins needs to break back out the columbia blues. I understand breaking out the alts for rivalry games, but it would make more sense to do that vs. UNC and keep the old school look against your oldest rival in Maryland)

But without further ado, a look at the combos Syracuse has worn this year. Things get nutty from Duke on, it seems

syracuseuniformcombos.png

Archived