Fantasy Baseball: Tucson Hummingbirds

-kj

I'm curious to get some feedback on the concept I've been working on for my new Continental League team, the Tucson Hummingbirds:

hummingbirds-1.png

hummingbirds-1-style.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The logos you've done are quite impressive, I really like them. My one suggestion would maybe be to change the color of the grey wing in the background, it looks a little odd to me, maybe change it to brown, or outline it in brown. To me it just doesn't really look like it's attached at the moment. Still, as a whole this is really well done.

Interestingly, I originally had the back wing as brown before deciding that I didn't like it. I can see what you're talking about, though. A comparison:

hummingbirds-compare.png

The script wordmark is LHF Goldsmith Script with some modifications; all of the other text is Museo.

POTD 2013-08-22

Much better. one more thing is bothering me: the brown accent that's in the middle of the wing seems odd. Maybe it's too thin, or it just looks out of place being the only accent in the middle. I think if you thickened it up it'd be better. I also think an alternate logo with just the head could look nice, because I think that's the best part of the bird.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I really like this concept. Personally I'm not a fan of the heritage uniform as I am about the home and third jerseys, but all of them are really well done. I'm glad you made that adjustment to the wing in your latest update, and there's not much else I'd really do with this concept at all.

I like this. the colors work for a name like Hummingbirds. I dont like the jersey that says TUCSON and HUMMINGBIRDS, but everything else about it is pretty nice. One thing that does seem off is that the bird has no legs. I think you can get away with no legs if the bird were a little more abstract or less detailed, but since it has some detail, I think it needs legs; legs that face backward might look nice.

But I think if your content to not have legs, it's not a major issue. Plus, the bird fits so nicely into the circle in that one version and adding legs wouldnt work on that particular logo.

Having the back wing brown is a nice improvement in your update. nice job.

I looked over some source photos of the type of hummingbird I modeled this after (Anna's Hummingbird), and the feet are very, very small in flying position; not really large enough to depict properly in the logo.

Added an inaugural season logo, plus I modeled the "heritage uniform" after the worst baseball uniforms in all of existence: the Tucson Toros' gaudy yellow/green/red/blue combo.

hummingbirds-2.png

hummingbirds-2-style.png

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived