Hockey East Revamp

MDGP

Being a major hockey fan from Maine, over the years, I have come to follow Hockey East pretty closely. One thing that has bothered me is that all 10 teams have very traditional uniforms. I am not great at making logos, so these will just be uniform changes.

First Up: The Merrimack College Warriors

MerrimackWarriors.png

I hate the current Merrimack set. The home and road do not resemble each other in the slightest, as you can see in the background of this photo

Screenshot2011-02-13at93507PM.png

My main goal for this concept was to both modernize and unify both uniforms. I went with a gold home uniform because that is what they currently use, and I've always liked the idea of a colored uniform at home.

C+C would be greatly appreciated

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Merrimack's current sweaters look like their equipment managers threw a couple highlighters in the washer with them, such a shame since they're having a good season. With that said, I like the toned down yellow, but I can't say I'm a fan of the sleep stripes. I know teams still do this regularly but to me it's a design fad that's come and gone. Just my opinion though. I'd take the numbers off the yoke and move them to the bicep area. Other than that, these aren't bad. Looking forward to the rest of the collection.

g000258000000000000ff38b0c61f48a9db2e207b62f9d888cecf09d4db.jpg

Just as a point of reference, Merrimack changed the yellow sweater's crest to the new MC.

That said, these aren't bad. I like the consistency in the set. I'd maybe find a way to work in the middle stripe the way the current yellows have.

I'd love to see what you do with my River Hawks. The 2nd worst set in Hockey East! (Behind the latest Northeastern sets)

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

image removed

Just as a point of reference, Merrimack changed the yellow sweater's crest to the new MC.

That said, these aren't bad. I like the consistency in the set. I'd maybe find a way to work in the middle stripe the way the current yellows have.

I'd love to see what you do with my River Hawks. The 2nd worst set in Hockey East! (Behind the latest Northeastern sets)

Kind of ironic, eh? ^_^

Being a major hockey fan from Maine, over the years, I have come to follow Hockey East pretty closely. One thing that has bothered me is that all 10 teams have very traditional uniforms. I am not great at making logos, so these will just be uniform changes.

First Up: The Merrimack College Warriors

MerrimackWarriors.png

I'm not that familiar with some of the designs in college hockey, but that concept you did is very clean and professional-looking. No complaints here, and can't wait to see the next one.

All right, here's a small update for Merrimack.

MerrimackWarriors-1.png

All I did here was move the sleeve numbers from the shoulders to the bicep area, and added some socks. I did try removing the sleeve striping, but no matter what I did, I felt that it didn't look quite as good as the original stripes did.

Also, how do I change the Topic Description? I have searched for an answer, but for whatever reason, I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Next Up: Boston College Eagles

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

All Right, time for my next team, the defending Hockey East champion Boston College Eagles.

BCEagles.png

For the Eagles I really wanted to stay with a modern yet classic look (if that is possible) in order to keep with the schools history. I slightly changed the word mark to one that better resembles the one that the school uses for all other sports.

BCEaglesFuxback.png

I also added a fauxback uniform (mostly due to the fact I love the old logo) that would be worn during one game against Boston University each season (if I had my way), sort of like what they did last season for the winter classic.

My third team is the Vermont Catamounts. I personally hate that Vermont moved from the two sleeve stripe design they formerly had and went to a three stripe design. It took all the originality out of the uniforms. I absolutely despise the new road/alternates that they decided to go with. The old-school look just doesn't work for them IMO.

Screenshot2011-02-25at105948AM.png

This one just felt obvious to me...For my designs, I decided to return to the asymmetrical striping that they used to wear. I simply moved the two sleeve stripes together and angled them in order to form a V. I always felt that making the stripes form a V would be a simple, yet defining look. I changed the chest logo to Vermont's primary logo, and created a yellow version for the road uniforms.

Screenshot2011-02-25at105307AM.png

Next up: Northeastern or Providence

Up Next, number 4 of 10, the Northeastern University Huskies. Northeastern currently wears a very boring set, as Speedy stated in his rebrand, a copy of the Chicago Blackhawks set. It also has that god awful deformed, demon dog, which should be destroyed, never to see the light of day.

It's pretty clear that Northeastern does not have the history of BC or BU. I wanted to modernize their uniforms to reflect that, so I came up with...piping, lots and lots of piping. I love the split colors that the Huskies use, so I wanted to reflect that with this set. Everything except the numbering and lettering use it. I replaced the demon husky with the split N, and placed the two-colored paw logo on the shoulders. I also added a tiny bit of sky blue on the reebok logos (on the road). This reflects the small amounts of sky blue in the current husky logos.

NortheasternHuskies.png

C+C please

My third team is the Vermont Catamounts. I personally hate that Vermont moved from the two sleeve stripe design they formerly had and went to a three stripe design. It took all the originality out of the uniforms. I absolutely despise the new road/alternates that they decided to go with. The old-school look just doesn't work for them IMO.

Screenshot2011-02-25at105948AM.png

This one just felt obvious to me...For my designs, I decided to return to the asymmetrical striping that they used to wear. I simply moved the two sleeve stripes together and angled them in order to form a V. I always felt that making the stripes form a V would be a simple, yet defining look. I changed the chest logo to Vermont's primary logo, and created a yellow version for the road uniforms.

Screenshot2011-02-25at105307AM.png

Next up: Northeastern or Providence

I like your design better because of the striping pattern you used for the sleeves and socks. It reminds me of a tasteful version of the Flying-V jerseys that the Canucks used to use when I first saw it. However, the current Catamount jerseys aren't too bad, even though they lack the double-stripe pattern.

As for Boston College... er, uhm, the shoulder logos are good? Honestly, I'm not a fan of the jersey font or numbering, as well as the striping pattern you have for them as it just seems tacked on and not all that visible. Perhaps you could use the triple-stripe pattern you used for the fauxback instead, just a slightly thinner version to use for the set's jersey sleeves, pants, and socks.

When it comes to Northeastern, I'm liking the whole set so far, and don't have any strong criticisms of the jersey in general. So, great job on changing it up, yet keeping it simple and classy for the Huskies.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me about the husky logo that the Northeastern hockey sweaters uses. It's so terrible! It looks like white vomit!

Anyway, very good updates on UVM and NU. I have nothing to say about them other than I like them a lot. Unlike everybody else here, I like the choice of the primary logo as the crest.

However, the sky blue RBK logos on NU should be changed. I know the husky's eyes in the primary logo are blue, but that's just a logo detail color that doesn't need to be transferred to the uniforms.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I'm glad someone else agrees with me about the husky logo that the Northeastern hockey sweaters uses. It's so terrible! It looks like white vomit!

Anyway, very good updates on UVM and NU. I have nothing to say about them other than I like them a lot. Unlike everybody else here, I like the choice of the primary logo as the crest.

However, the sky blue RBK logos on NU should be changed. I know the husky's eyes in the primary logo are blue, but that's just a logo detail color that doesn't need to be transferred to the uniforms.

If you want to add a third color for the Huskies, it should be a dark shade of gray. Their official colors are Red, Black, and Gray; the Columbia Blue in the eye is a stretch especially when the logo is no where on the jerseys. Also, the paw logo has red on the right, and black on the left. You've reversed it on the shoulders, don't know if that was intentional or not.

Aside from my tweaks, I do like the piping. It stands out in an otherwise traditional conference. Not bad.

All right, thanks to everyone who has given some input.

Boston College: I am a bit confused what to do here. I've gotten two responses, one stating that I should change nothing, the other saying I need a complete overhaul. I'm gonna work on these a bit, but I'd like some more C+C on these.

Northeastern: Yeah, I didn't expect many people to like the light blue. That'll be something i change in the update. Speedy, good call on the paw logo being flipped. Somewhere along the way I must have flipped it.

Up next will be either UMass Lowell or UNH

Archived