Hockey East Revamp

MDGP

Now up, the scum of the Earth, the UNH Wildcats, haha. Anyway, I love the Wildcats uniforms, they are so simple, yet so effective, I wanted to keep them pretty similar to what they wear now. Currently, UNH goes with two stripe sleeve, pant, sock, and torso striping, and the UNH wordmark for a crest.

Screenshot2011-03-02at71350PM.png

To tell you the truth, I changed these quite a bit, but I tried to keep the basic design of the sweaters.My largest goal was to effectively add more silver to give them a bit more life. For the home, I went with a silver sweater with blue sleeves (lighter than what they currently wear). The striping stays the same as in real life, just doubled to include both silver and white stripes. I had the same style striping on the torso and socks, just with blue. The UNH wordmark stays as the crest, with the full logo on the shoulders. The Roads are basically the same, just blue.

UNHWildCats.png

Yes, I realize that these look very similar to the BC ones I did earlier. I realized that design better suited UNH, so I decided to overhaul BC. Those updates will come up with my next team.

I also updated Northeastern. This was very minor, I just flipped the paw logos on the shoulders, and there is no longer any sky blue to be found.

NortheasternHuskies-1.png

C & C please

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Now up, the scum of the Earth, the UNH Wildcats, haha. Anyway, I love the Wildcats uniforms, they are so simple, yet so effective, I wanted to keep them pretty similar to what they wear now. Currently, UNH goes with two stripe sleeve, pant, sock, and torso striping, and the UNH wordmark for a crest.

Screenshot2011-03-02at71350PM.png

To tell you the truth, I changed these quite a bit, but I tried to keep the basic design of the sweaters.My largest goal was to effectively add more silver to give them a bit more life. For the home, I went with a silver sweater with blue sleeves (lighter than what they currently wear). The striping stays the same as in real life, just doubled to include both silver and white stripes. I had the same style striping on the torso and socks, just with blue. The UNH wordmark stays as the crest, with the full logo on the shoulders. The Roads are basically the same, just blue.

UNHWildCats.png

Yes, I realize that these look very similar to the BC ones I did earlier. I realized that design better suited UNH, so I decided to overhaul BC. Those updates will come up with my next team.

I also updated Northeastern. This was very minor, I just flipped the paw logos on the shoulders, and there is no longer any sky blue to be found.

NortheasternHuskies-1.png

C & C please

The piping on the Northeastern jersey is killing it. It's too much.

On the UNH, I would make the white letters blue. The silver-on-white would be incredibly hard-to-read...it's not easy even on my monitor. Also, I would recommend using just the cat head, this way it can face forward on both sides of the sweater.

Outside of those minor things, they are fantastic!

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On the UNH, I would make the white letters blue. The silver-on-white would be incredibly hard-to-read...it's not easy even on my monitor. Also, I would recommend using just the cat head, this way it can face forward on both sides of the sweater.

Looking back, I agree with you 100% on all of these things. These suggestions will definitely make it into the update.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Here's my update for UNH. I switched the crest from white to blue, making it much easier to read. I also changed the shoulder logos from the full UNH logo to just the wildcat head.

UNHWildcats.png

Up Next: BC Eagles Overhaul

These look great man, good work! I really like Vermont and UNH. I agree with oddball, though, that Northeastern has too much piping. I would take away the side panel to sleeve piping and just put one line all the way around the jersey, under the logo and number (so continue the stripe on the back all the way around).

Looking forward to seeing BC!

Now to turn back the clock to my second team, the Boston College Eagles. What I noticed from the comments was that the reaction to the actual uniforms were split. However, the comments for the fauxbacks were almost all very positive. That (and Drakonius's suggestion) made me decide to use a striping similar to the fauxback striping. I added black stripes on the outside, mostly to keep consistency between the numbers, lettering and striping. Both the number and letter fonts stayed the same, since they resemble the font BC actually uses in all sports but hockey (and because I really like it).

BCEaglesMegaUpdate.png

Is that font just a stand-in for the current font, or is that what you would actually use?

Also, I've said this to Speedy before, but black is the worst thing about BC uniforms. Honestly, just looking at what you have, if you straight up removed all the black, it would look much better without any refinements.

At least this is a clean concept, but I can't really envision a real jersey with that font on it and the black is just killing it for me. The basic design is not bad though, it's just not much different from what we have now.

All Right, time for my next team, the defending Hockey East champion Boston College Eagles.

BCEagles.png

For the Eagles I really wanted to stay with a modern yet classic look (if that is possible) in order to keep with the schools history. I slightly changed the word mark to one that better resembles the one that the school uses for all other sports.

BCEaglesFuxback.png

I also added a fauxback uniform (mostly due to the fact I love the old logo) that would be worn during one game against Boston University each season (if I had my way), sort of like what they did last season for the winter classic.

although i dont care too much for the fist two jeseys. i love that fauxback. its really good well done

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

Is that font just a stand-in for the current font, or is that what you would actually use?

Also, I've said this to Speedy before, but black is the worst thing about BC uniforms. Honestly, just looking at what you have, if you straight up removed all the black, it would look much better without any refinements.

At least this is a clean concept, but I can't really envision a real jersey with that font on it and the black is just killing it for me. The basic design is not bad though, it's just not much different from what we have now.

This is just a stand in for the custom font that the school uses. I would recreate it for the jerseys on my own, but school has been a b*tch lately. Hopefully at some point I will have enough time to work on it.

I guess the black is just something that we'll have to disagree on. Maybe in a later update I'll try one without the black though.

• 1 month later...

Well, after about a months hiatus, I'm back with my next team, the Boston University Terriers. BU has one of the most iconic designs in college hockey with the white sleeve panels (on the roads) and the red sleeve panels (at home). (They do have a new design with the double shoulder yokes and sleeve stripes, but they don't really do it for me). With the history that BU hockey has, I wanted to retain the look they've had for as long as I can remember.

Screenshot2011-04-12at30445PM.png

I kept these pretty similar to the original designs. The largest changes were on the roads. Currently, BU has a white shoulder/sleeve panel and red sleeves. In order to correspond with the home uniforms, I made the sleeves white with a red sleeve stripe. All striping was thickened. I also added BU logos to the shoulders. These logos do not have the Terrier, which I personally think is the single worst logo in the conference.

Archived