Crazy Go Nuts SD Chargers Pro Combat jersey?

wtpirate

invisible pro combat concept...

...innovative, and totally something Nike would do.

I wish i were that clever... as It is twas not my cleverness but my idiocy that you have caught. Anyway. Your wit astounds me. :)

EDIT: Double post? Hmm... Not sure what happened... I promise this wasn't a shameless and unnecessary bump ;)

PPq00.png

I actually really like this, but there are a few things I'd tweak.

Right now the drop shadow on the numbers is so small as to almost irrelevant. Either increase it or drop it I'd say. I also have my concerns about how legible yellow numbers will be on a white shirt without some kind of contrasting outline to separate them from the white so you may wanna look at adding that.

I'd add white bottoms to all the socks, I dont think that NFL uniform rule will change when Nike take over, it certainly didn't when Reebok became sole supplier. And I'm not sure about the powder blue socks on the home uni, they just feel kinda out of place to me, think navy would be the better choice there.

I'd maybe look at adding some detail on the pants too, but other than that it's a great start.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

There was a Kent State concept on this board a while back that was so simple and clean that it still stands out in my mind as something the Chargers should try if they were to go in an entirely new direction. Your home jersey tops in particular remind me of that concept.

I know it's super-popular with the fan base, but I'd drop the powder blue completely. One of the biggest mistakes the Chargers made in their '07 rebrand was attempting to marry the past (powder blue) with the present (navy blue) and keep navy as the primary color. The powder becomes intrusive, almost as though it's competing with the navy instead of complimenting it when navy is the dominant color. (On the opposite side, when powder is the primary color, it goes well with the gold, and the navy is then a great accent color for outlines, etc.)

Anyway, I'm digressing. The thing you've got going here that makes this concept so striking to me is the placement of that rich gold color you have directly against the navy. Stick with that and I think you've got a good thing going.

Things I would change: Make the under-sleeves the same color as the jerseys. On the home jersey, make the bolt simply gold and keep it where you've got it on the now navy sleeves. Put navy bolts on both sides of the helmet, lose the stripe and keep the jersey numbers. (Gold helmet? I didn't even realize it was gold until now. Haha. It looks really good and fits naturally with this concept. I think that's why I didn't even notice it!) The socks should match the jersey. As for the aways, make them mirror the homes (with the exception of a white jersey, obviously.)

One last thing: if you do want to keep the powder blue, make sure you integrate it into the uniform more evenly. On the home uniform especially, it kind of looks awkward to see the powder relegated to only the socks and shoes. It's like you've got a big chunk of navy, a big chunk of gold and a big chunk of powder and they aren't working together.

I like where you're going with this, and I like that you've thought outside the powder blue box.

Okay!

So here I updated it a bit. I did remove all the powder blue and I just followed some more of the rules you guys mentioned. Some of the things though I just love too much to change on this uni. Like the Number on the helmet and the different color sleeves than jerseys.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll post some more soon, I'd go through the NFL but I'm working on my own league.

2pt3H.jpg

EDIT: Fixed typo.

PPq00.png

The Raven's one IS a joke. :P Not sure if I really clarified that very well. :))

i understand that you think its a joke. IMO i like it...i believe one of the definitions of a concept is an abstract idea and i think everyone would agree the Ravens concept is abstract. Keep the jokes coming :lol:

97Broncos.png

The Raven's one IS a joke. :P Not sure if I really clarified that very well. :))

i understand that you think its a joke. IMO i like it...i believe one of the definitions of a concept is an abstract idea and i think everyone would agree the Ravens concept is abstract. Keep the jokes coming :lol:

Alright, I like that response :P Here's a Bears one maybe you can appreciate.

Rightchea.

4vT7o.jpg

I made it forever ago :P

Also, I think my league thread passed away after... two days. So I'm gonna commit some time to this. I plan on doing the whole league but forgive me if I don't get around to it, I'm moving and replacing a dead dog right now :P

Thanks for responding guys!

PPq00.png

Archived