Blue Jays Retro-esq Concept

Jared222

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timely topic.

Bob McKown, FAN 590, Prime Time Sports just said on his show today that he was in the Rogers box (the owners of the Jays) for the Blue Jays home opener last Friday.

He said there was a lot of wink-wink, nudge-nudge between the mucky-mucks that the Jays are going to get a new identity in 2012, and that this might include a new take on the old, original logo.

Speaking of Bob Mckown , I heard him yesterday saying that there are the beginning of rumours that the Jays want to move there AAA team to Montreal. So I am considering maybe possibly doing a Montreal AAA team concept when I have the time . Any ideas for names ? I dont think I can go with Expos nor do i want to , but some sort of classic Montreal Vibe name would be good.

Thats harder than you think, since they are currently in Vegas (PCL) and Montreal would most likely go in the Intl League. Are any IL teams for sale or available?

Timely topic.

Bob McKown, FAN 590, Prime Time Sports just said on his show today that he was in the Rogers box (the owners of the Jays) for the Blue Jays home opener last Friday.

He said there was a lot of wink-wink, nudge-nudge between the mucky-mucks that the Jays are going to get a new identity in 2012, and that this might include a new take on the old, original logo.

Speaking of Bob Mckown , I heard him yesterday saying that there are the beginning of rumours that the Jays want to move there AAA team to Montreal. So I am considering maybe possibly doing a Montreal AAA team concept when I have the time . Any ideas for names ? I dont think I can go with Expos nor do i want to , but some sort of classic Montreal Vibe name would be good.

Thats harder than you think, since they are currently in Vegas (PCL) and Montreal would most likely go in the Intl League. Are any IL teams for sale or available?

No idea if there is a IL team available. I just heard Bob talking that he had heard rumblings and ideas being thrown about that the Toronto brass would like there AAA team to be in Montreal if they could build a stadium and work it all out logistically. Just a nugget of a rumour for now i believe , but interesting to consider I think.

A new identity is needed for the jays. It seems weird they would have their AAA team in Montreal though.

I think it makes perfect sense from a Canadas team perspective and of course proximity to Toronto. If they could build a small downtown stadium it would fit like clock work in Montreal. The problem in Montreal was always Olymipc Stadium. Not sure how likely or legit this is right now but like I said just something I heard them talking about on Prime Time.

• 2 weeks later...

The Jays have never really been known for having a secondary logo or when they did it was kind of horrible. So i wanted to design a secondary that kept the feel and flow of the new logo but also promoted the maple leaf more. This is what I came up with. C&C is always appreciated.

I am going to give hats and uniforms a crack as well I think.

Secondary Logo

torontobluejayslogoleafcopy.jpg

This.

...incredible.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• 1 month later...

I love the secondary logo, I also love the second white jerser, but too much red. The red numbers are just random, and the redness on the hat just do not belong. I dont know maybe the red colour you used was too bright. The retro Blue Jays hat was real nice and it will look even better with your logo. You should go to a Jays game with the secondary logo and the second white uniform, maybe youll get noticed. Also, having the Maple Leaf as the only red thing will make it stand out more and will give the statement that "female dog we are Canadian!."

A new identity is needed for the jays. It seems weird they would have their AAA team in Montreal though.

I think it makes perfect sense from a Canadas team perspective and of course proximity to Toronto. If they could build a small downtown stadium it would fit like clock work in Montreal. The problem in Montreal was always Olymipc Stadium. Not sure how likely or legit this is right now but like I said just something I heard them talking about on Prime Time.

Even if they build a stadium in IL proportions for Montreal, it would still require a dome/roof of some sort be it retractable or not... Talking big Dollars!!! Be further ahead to throw a "sh1t-ton" of money at the Big "O" to make it a usable general purpose stadium with a working roof. It could then be used for an IL team, the CFL Alouettes, as well as other event.

canada.png

Archived