New York Islanders ALT concept

Frylock

Not really much to say on this one... It's a fauxback. I'm on the fence if the sleeve numbers are too big, but part of me says roll with it. I originally was thinking something along the old Oakland Seals sweaters, with the numbers overlapping the shoulders and sleeves, but I decided to just move them down towards the sleeve stripes. Four stripes for the Stanley Cup victories... 'Nuff talkin'!

5636226965_4ed048ac66_b.jpg

Your thoughts and comments welcomed!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback! Admittedly, it was better than what I was expecting :grin:

Anyways, I made the adjustments that Patchey suggested, took out the vintage white and made the jersey blue. I subsequently changed the collar from blue to orange just for a little contrast.

5644857368_7be76fb114_b.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback! Admittedly, it was better than what I was expecting :grin:

Anyways, I made the adjustments that Patchey suggested, took out the vintage white and made the jersey blue. I subsequently changed the collar from blue to orange just for a little contrast.

5644857368_7be76fb114_b.jpg

MUCH better.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I hear what you are saying about the block font versus the script crest. However, the font choice made sense to me seeing as how I originally was going with a fauxback concept. Its a retro font similar to the Cowboys throwback font. I have a couple ideas running thru my head as to modify this concept one more time.

Archived