Anaheim Ducks Concept Logo

gyoung08

I have been working a lot on some ideas on how to rebrand the Ducks with new colors that have more of a natural feel. This is my first attempt at a concept so any C&C are greatly appreciated. I am planning on eventually expanding this into a full set with uniforms.

DucksConcept1.jpg

gyoung8.png

Based on the Flyers comment, I decided to try something different. I kept the D the same, but I went with a duck head on the other side. I also changed to an orange and green motif as well and removed the gradients. It still feels a little plain, but I think there is some potential.

DucksConcept4.jpg

gyoung8.png

I think you should rotate the logo 90 degrees clockwise, detach the head from the 'D', and just place the duck head over it so that it looks like it's on a shield or something of the sort. But if you still want to keep the 'D' motif going on you would totally have to redo the 'D' and work on the rendering of the duck. If you stick with it I really think you could turn it into something really nice.

So I have been fighting all the different adobe products pretty hard right now, but I came up with 4 basic ideas that I can expand on. I wanted to see which one you guys thought was best and go about making a set with that one.

C&C much appreciated.

DucksConcept3-1.png

gyoung8.png

Definitely go with the first one. Look at some other duck logos, or even of other birds, and see how they are detailed. Right now yours is just a flat duck head and a D. Keep it up cause I think this one has potential.

the logo has potential. but listen...

it's just too big imo! you cant use the duck and the D, it'd take up half the jersey...

the back of the duck is already making a D design. Take off the tan D, bend the neck of the duck a little bit more to shape out more of a hidden D in feathers, then add shading inside of it's neck to highlight the inside of the D... it'll be a nice subtle logo in the end. right now its just too much for me.

**Here I made a quick edit to show you what I meant, its easier this way. I think if you work with this and clean it up it could be a very well designed logo - similar to that of the Eagles with the hidden E in the feathers. Good Luck

Image282765.png

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I am really liking the progress on this and think it is pretty close to being done but I wanted to get some final C&C before I start on the uniform set.

OngoingConcept.png

Am I crazy or is there a gradient on the bottom shadow? :therock:

Yes but I am trying to figure out a better way to create a shadow look.

gyoung8.png

the logo has potential. but listen...

it's just too big imo! you cant use the duck and the D, it'd take up half the jersey...

the back of the duck is already making a D design. Take off the tan D, bend the neck of the duck a little bit more to shape out more of a hidden D in feathers, then add shading inside of it's neck to highlight the inside of the D... it'll be a nice subtle logo in the end. right now its just too much for me.

**Here I made a quick edit to show you what I meant, its easier this way. I think if you work with this and clean it up it could be a very well designed logo - similar to that of the Eagles with the hidden E in the feathers. Good Luck

Image282765.png

I have been playing with this and am having a really hard time with it. The problem is extending the duck at all makes it look weird because it isn't the natural shape of a duck. I have also been trying to use the duck and a wing to create a more natural D, but that is difficult as well.

gyoung8.png

Archived