Spurs Alternate Uniform Concept

Hoopskid

I've always thought that a well executed silver / gray uniform could look really sharp (think Nets alternate, not Mavs).

This Spurs uniform attempts to add some diversity to the Spurs black and white uniforms that they now have.

Classic style font colored black and a modern twist of the classical triangle shorts are an attempt to combine the Spurs old days with new modern Adidas Rev30 times.

The new secondary logo was something quick I whipped up using their old secondary and the alamo shape. Tried to make the logo realistic using shiny fabric.

C & C welcome, let me know what you think!

spursconcept.png

You're on the right track. I would just use the current template they have now, but invert the colours to the silver you just posted. I would also use the "SAN ANTONIO" on the road jerseys, and put "SPURS" on the silver ones. But I suppose either wordmarks can work. They look great so far, but there is room for improvement.

Actually, I like this concept a lot, and it would go well with their current set, instead of the time they wore those silver disasters back in the mid 2000's (haven't seen them wear that uniform for a while now). Everything seems to flow well, and I'm assuming that the grayish color above the Alamo logo you designed probably more reflective than the silver you used for the rest of the jersey, am I right?

I've always thought that a well executed silver / gray uniform could look really sharp (think Nets alternate, not Mavs).

This Spurs uniform attempts to add some diversity to the Spurs black and white uniforms that they now have.

Classic style font colored black and a modern twist of the classical triangle shorts are an attempt to combine the Spurs old days with new modern Adidas Rev30 times.

The new secondary logo was something quick I whipped up using their old secondary and the alamo shape. Tried to make the logo realistic using shiny fabric.

C & C welcome, let me know what you think!

spursconcept.png

I'm not really seeing the Alamo in the secondary. It looks like you have a silloutte of just the very top, which, by itself isn't that recognizable. I think you need to have a little more of the Alamo in that logo.

gYH2mW9.png

I'm all for the SAS (re-)getting a silver alternate.

I love the alternate logo and its placement.

Where's the font coming from? Is that actually from an old jersey they used to wear? If not, I would consider keeping their current wordmark.

Also, I'm not sure about how I feel about the side panels on the shorts. It looks like they are trying to copy the Bulls. Or is that design actually from an old Spurs set?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Where's the font coming from? Is that actually from an old jersey they used to wear? If not, I would consider keeping their current wordmark.

Also, I'm not sure about how I feel about the side panels on the shorts. It looks like they are trying to copy the Bulls. Or is that design actually from an old Spurs set?

George-Gervin.jpg

george-gervin.jpg

They used to wear these beauties during their early years in the NBA and later switched to the following, before updating their set in the 1980's to be more consistent with "Spurs" on both the away and home jerseys.

george-gervin.jpg

George-Gervin.jpg

george-gervin.jpg

They used to wear these beauties during their early years in the NBA and later switched to the following, before updating their set in the 1980's to be more consistent with "Spurs" on both the away and home jerseys.

george-gervin.jpg

I love these. What's funny is people see the black on black lettering today and see it as some sort of urban/modern stylistic element, but it's roots go all the way back to the Spurs in the 70s. For that reason, I think the spurs should return to this and make it their signature element. I mean, they were 30-40 years ahead of the curve.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree they were beautiful, and they used to have the same number font as was used in this concept, while "San Antonio" was in a more traditional block format, during their days in the ABA. Interestingly enough, once they joined the NBA the number font became more traditional block too, to match the "San Antonio" wordmark.

If the Spurs were to get an alternate, THIS is what it should look like. Nice work there man. It pays homage to the retro unis and also gives off the modern vibe with that V-like collar. Also like the creativity on the secondary. Not sure if this would come out right, but if you could somehow maybe keep the alamo and work the surrounding area to spell out "SA" or create a basketball or something in there it could really stand out nicely, since the Spurs primary/partial doesn't have a basketball anywhere on the logo.

But I'm liking the whole thing and it's definitely one San Anton should consider adopting sometime soon.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

I'm really liking the far-right version...

Maybe include a thicker round stroke line above the ball so it seems like part of the building as opposed to sitting in front of it now. Also, try a version with a frontal-view of the bball lines so you don't have the really small sections of the ball to embroider.

Something more like this...?

slogo.png

Nice logo. I also like the "SA" one too, but it seems a little more fitting for a baseball team than the Spurs. Also, why did you choose the year 1976? They were moved and first established in San Antonio, back in 1973. I'm going to assume you're going with the theme that the Spurs were really established after the merger?

Archived