A look at the Cards and Rays' throwback caps

phutmasterflex

Was doing a little browsing and eCapcity has a couple photos of the throwback caps that will be worn in the big leagues this month.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ecapcity/more-special-game-day-event-new-era-hats/214352865272579

w0n9yo.jpg

2ec2noz.jpg

When will they be worn?

Padres at Mariners ? 1980?s Turn Back the Clock - 7/1 (we've already seen them)

Rays at Cardinals ? 7/2

Padres at Phillies ? 1984 Turn Back the Clock - 7/22

Pretty cool that these will be available for sale too.

Go A's!

Tempted to see if they're selling the Tampa Smokers cap anywhere. I have the one from 2008 when they wore St Pete Pelicans caps.

Same. I'm hopefully going tonight, and I'll check out if they have any for sure.

But yeah the Smokers/Cardinals is tonight.

Tempted to see if they're selling the Tampa Smokers cap anywhere. I have the one from 2008 when they wore St Pete Pelicans caps.

Same. I'm hopefully going tonight, and I'll check out if they have any for sure.

But yeah the Smokers/Cardinals is tonight.

I won't buy them from the Trop, they really overcharge for their apparel.

Yeah those caps have been selling at Busch Stadium an other places for years. Mostly the American Needle ones.

The differences with that Cardinals cap (and all of these throwback caps) is they are being made in the on-field polyester material, the normal "Cooperstown Collection" caps are usually made with wool and have that "NE" logo on the side. I think I'm probably in the minority, but I like the newer polyester material caps, I find they keep my head cooler.

Archived