Do you consider Mitchell and Ness Jerseys Authentic?

Axis_of_Weasel

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

An "authentic jersey" purchased from NFL.com is NOT a "genuine on-field item, made to the same standards that the pros use, by the same country, from the same factories." That is what the companies WANT you to believe, but it is 10000% not true. The ONLY way to get an item of that description is to purchase a game-worn or game-issued jersey that was produced to see game action. Items bought at retail were not produced to see game action, they were produced for fashion purposes.

I hope (and assume) you're only referring to NFL jerseys here. I have a game-worn Rockies jersey as well as many authentic jerseys I bought from MLB.com and they are absolutely indistinguishable from one another.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

An "authentic jersey" purchased from NFL.com is NOT a "genuine on-field item, made to the same standards that the pros use, by the same country, from the same factories." That is what the companies WANT you to believe, but it is 10000% not true. The ONLY way to get an item of that description is to purchase a game-worn or game-issued jersey that was produced to see game action. Items bought at retail were not produced to see game action, they were produced for fashion purposes.

I hope (and assume) you're only referring to NFL jerseys here. I have a game-worn Rockies jersey as well as many authentic jerseys I bought from MLB.com and they are absolutely indistinguishable from one another.
yes this is correct, mlb jerseys are exactly the same as game worn ones, the only league that I would say is completely different is the nfl, I have an nba rev 30 jersey that is the same as a game worn, dont know exactly about nhl but I know authentic edge jerseys are out there that are exactly the same as game worn ones

• 1 month later...

1991 Craig Biggio Astros BP jersey was just released! Mitchell and Ness refers to it as "authentic".

Well it is authentic - is in an authentically-licensed product. An authentically-licensed replica, in this case. That's all that pretty much any jersey you can buy in a store, from any manufacturer is. I think most people use the term "authentic" as a synonym for "team issue", or "same exact thing as the players wear", when in reality, it's just the highest level of replica available.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If Mitchell and ness didnt make the original then it's not authentic, just a very nice replica

Regardless, it looks pretty good. If I was a person who actually bought jerseys, I might be tempted to get one. I miss that Astros look.

Archived