Oakland's Dream?

socal_sharks_fan

This concept was based on the love that MC Hammer has for the Oakland A's and his commitment to keep the team in Oakland.

I was bored, and was watching A's vs Angels, and MC Hammer made a few comments about looking at property space at Jack London Square in downtown Oakland.

So I looked at all things MC Hammer. Instantly thought of his "Side-lines" on his hair back in the day.

Nothing special with the fonts, just what I thought looked cool that I found on my computer.

safsd.jpg

I know I could use some changes, but that's what I'm here for! Any suggestions?

Forums.gif

I like the idea (it'd be cool if you drew up a field and stuff too). I think the Jack London Square part could be a bit bigger, and maybe between the 'side-lines'.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Modern baseball stadiums tend to be named XXX Park rather than XXX Field. The "Field" designation seems to be more of a football thing. That's not to say you can't do whatever you want, but Hammer Park would probably be more in line with the times. Actually, Hammer Yards would sound even better.

Think about how it would look on signage and outside the park at the main entrance. There's a lot of negative space in your logo, and it's basically just a block. It would look nice on letterhead, but unfortunately, that's only one small part of the overall package.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Modern baseball stadiums tend to be named XXX Park rather than XXX Field. The "Field" designation seems to be more of a football thing. That's not to say you can't do whatever you want, but Hammer Park would probably be more in line with the times. Actually, Hammer Yards would sound even better.

That's not really true. There are plenty of stadiums called "fields" in baseball.

Coors Field

Turner Field

Chase Field

Safeco Field

Progressive Field

Citi Field

Wrigley Field

US Cellular Field

Target Field

Tropicana Field

That being said, I do think using less common names like "Yards" or even "Diamond" is always good just to mix it up in the world of stadiums, but there's nothing wrong with using "Park" or "Field" or "Ballpark" or "Stadium".

That's not really true. There are plenty of stadiums called "fields" in baseball.

Coors Field

Turner Field

Chase Field

Safeco Field

Progressive Field

Citi Field

Wrigley Field

US Cellular Field

Target Field

Tropicana Field

That being said, I do think using less common names like "Yards" or even "Diamond" is always good just to mix it up in the world of stadiums, but there's nothing wrong with using "Park" or "Field" or "Ballpark" or "Stadium".

Huh. I didn't realize there were so many "field"s. Forget what I said then. Well there's far fewer (if any) "park"s in football (not that it's relevant to the thread though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Coors Field

Turner Field

Chase Field

Safeco Field

Progressive Field

Citi Field

Wrigley Field

US Cellular Field

Target Field

Tropicana Field

Huh. I didn't realize there were so many "field"s. Forget what I said then. Well there's far fewer (if any) "park"s in football (not that it's relevant to the thread though.)

The 9ers have both! Bill Walsh Field at Candlestick Park is it's official title if I'm not mistaken, so glad it's not 3com anymore but even that was Park.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Coors Field

Turner Field

Chase Field

Safeco Field

Progressive Field

Citi Field

Wrigley Field

US Cellular Field

Target Field

Tropicana Field

The 9ers have both! Bill Walsh Field at Candlestick Park is it's official title if I'm not mistaken, so glad it's not 3com anymore but even that was Park.

9erssteve

Why can't they just leave it at Candlestick Park and be done with it? no need for Bill Walsh Field addon.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 2 weeks later...

Coors Field

Turner Field

Chase Field

Safeco Field

Progressive Field

Citi Field

Wrigley Field

US Cellular Field

Target Field

Tropicana Field

9erssteve

Why can't they just leave it at Candlestick Park and be done with it? no need for Bill Walsh Field addon.

They have. The name of the stadium is just Candlestick Park. The grass is Bill Walsh Field. It's identical to what happened in San Diego post 97 with the stadium being Qualcomm Stadium and the grass being Jack Murphy Field.

Archived