Georgia "Mystery" Uniforms

BlueSky

Last night's local news featured a story saying that two Georgia players left a recent team meeting and returned wearing uniforms that, in the words of coach Mark Richt, "caused some jaws to drop." No hint at the design or whether it's a one-off (I assume it to be).

We'll find out 9/3 at 8pm ET on ESPN.

Edit: DOH! Just saw info on this in the NCAA thread. Mea culpa for not checking there first.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

see, now I find that pretty interesting. A secret jersey that they're just not talking about. Aren't they the team that went with two white jerseys? or is that Georgia Tech?

anyways, if you posted it in the NCAA thread, I never would have known. So I applaud you for sharing with the whole group, rather than just the NCAA thread followers

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

see, now I find that pretty interesting. A secret jersey that they're just not talking about. Aren't they the team that went with two white jerseys? or is that Georgia Tech?

anyways, if you posted it in the NCAA thread, I never would have known. So I applaud you for sharing with the whole group, rather than just the NCAA thread followers

That's Tech. Georgia's the ones who on multiple occasions have made a big deal over special unis only to get blown up wearing them.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That's Tech. Georgia's the ones who on multiple occasions have made a big deal over special unis only to get blown up wearing them.

black jerseys in 2007: 45-20 win over Auburn

black jerseys in 2008 Sugar Bowl: 41-10 over Hawaii

people forget. I'm still not quite over the fact we dumped the black jersey and black pants simply because the fans chattered too much over it. Both would have optimized our overall look and created a great home and away alternate.

to this day still my favorite UGA uniform: (and player. Known this guy since he was in high school. Now he's doin it big in the NFL! So humble even after everything that he has accomplished. He is The Liberian Dream!)

Curran.jpg

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I've wondered why more teams don't choose to not publicize their uniforms in situations like one-off "Pro Combat games". I'm sure it has to do with merchandise sales, but I feel there would be much more excitement and anticipation over the uniforms if they were kept a secret until game time.

to this day still my favorite UGA uniform: (and player. Known this guy since he was in high school. Now he's doin it big in the NFL! So humble even after everything that he has accomplished. He is The Liberian Dream!)

Curran.jpg

I liked that too. Only thing is that red facemask really sticks out. If it were black that would have looked way better.

Curran.jpg

Swap that for the usual red hat and it's mint.

Curran.jpg

Swap that for the usual red hat and it's mint.

Yes. I've wanted to see that in the modern era for so long, and when we wore that uniform in 2008 I was sure that we would hold onto the black pants and wear them with the red helmet a few times.

didnt happen... :(

Archived