College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Will all 120 FBS teams have matte black helmets and black jerseys by 2012?

Depressingly enough, I would not be surprised.

Ugh...

...I think I just need to return to black-and-white television. At least I won't be able to tell the difference on some occasions.

Which makes me think, why dont more schools that wear matte helmets try to get some in school colours?...Yeah, the Miss St ones look horrible, but the Wyoming chocolate browns and ASU yellows aren't bad. I could see a matte green or blue being particularly nice looking.

I have honestly yet to find a matte black helmet (that has a logo on it, USM) that looks bad. Hell, even for Rutgers BFBS, the unis were bad, but the helmet looked great. It's a safe bet. I think Kentucky's would look awesome with a matte black helmet.

Their black uniforms would look great IMO with a Black metallic helmet with UK logos on the side.

I was thinking a matte black helmet with Blue UK and the a blue stripe. Is there any rumors of a black helmet for this weekend?

No, they are going with the Blue with the stripe. I agree that a blue stripe and logo would have look great, but with a Metallic helmet. Joker did say that this uniform could stick around, it just depended on how well the players performed.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh...

...I think I just need to return to black-and-white television. At least I won't be able to tell the difference on some occasions.

Which makes me think, why dont more schools that wear matte helmets try to get some in school colours?...Yeah, the Miss St ones look horrible, but the Wyoming chocolate browns and ASU yellows aren't bad. I could see a matte green or blue being particularly nice looking.

I have honestly yet to find a matte black helmet (that has a logo on it, USM) that looks bad. Hell, even for Rutgers BFBS, the unis were bad, but the helmet looked great. It's a safe bet. I think Kentucky's would look awesome with a matte black helmet.

Their black uniforms would look great IMO with a Black metallic helmet with UK logos on the side.

I was thinking a matte black helmet with Blue UK and the a blue stripe. Is there any rumors of a black helmet for this weekend?

No, they are going with the Blue with the stripe. I agree that a blue stripe and logo would have look great, but with a Metallic helmet. Joker did say that this uniform could stick around, it just depended on how well the players performed.

If that's the case, then this is definitely the last time we will see this uniform.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ugh...

If that's the case, then this is definitely the last time we will see this uniform.

That is what I was thinking.

spacer.png

Awful unis for Kentucky... also saw that Washington will be in all black for their homecoming game. - according to coach sarkisian's twitter

The only thing worse than adding black to a uniform that has no history of it and looks terrible with it is doing it on homecoming. Of all the games to actually wear your school colors...

Our homecoming was last weekend, we are doing this because it is Halloween weekend.

Here is a video showing the stripes on the pants and Joker Phillips saying that a black uniform does not make a tackle, the player does. Introducing the players to the black uniform.

So what is this?

Tennessee traditionally (well, 90s to mid 2000s) goes all orange for the game against Vandy.

EDIT: Maybe not! Looking thru Getty, and 1999 and 2001 have Tennessee wearing white pants against Vandy. I know they've worn the all-orange against Vandy though at least a couple times.

No. The only times Tennessee has worn all-orange since Phillip Fulmer took over in 1993 were against Memphis in 1999, the SEC Championship in 2007, and Auburn in 2009 (under Kiffin).

With the exception of the two all-orange games in 1999 and 2007, the orange pants were not seen at home or on the road from 1993-2008, when we went white jerseys/orange pants at UCLA.

Tennessee fans are supposed to wear black to the game on Saturday. Could that mean....

Rumors have been flying all over the message boards all week but I don't see Dooley letting them do it. It would take to much planning preseason to get done. Adidas couldn't produce the jerseys very quickly because they can't even get UT's regular white jerseys the way Dooley wants them so there wearing an older model until then.

Tennessee will not be in black on Saturday.

Care to share why this is so?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Because our coach refused to allow them to be ordered.

Do you play for the team, or do you have some sort of super inside scoop?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm not going to elaborate. But you can't find a single time I've been wrong on here about Tennessee or Adidas.

I'm not going to elaborate. But you can't find a single time I've been wrong on here about Tennessee or Adidas.

Huh. So is there going to be any change at all?

First off let me say I completely believe you, I know lil Dooley and its not his style, he cares about tradition to much (see him returning jerseys because they weren't the right orange) Plus why would you get such awesome pants and not have your team match them all season long?

There are some people on this board though who require you to have full MLA quoted research to anything you say that isn't what they say. Just was trying to save you that hassel. haha

I Think a UGA Red-Red-Silver vs UF Orange-Blue_Orange Cocktail Party would look amazing, so put me in the "i hope its color on color" boat.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

First off let me say I completely believe you, I know lil Dooley and its not his style, he cares about tradition to much (see him returning jerseys because they weren't the right orange) Plus why would you get such awesome pants and not have your team match them all season long?

There are some people on this board though who require you to have full MLA quoted research to anything you say that isn't what they say. Just was trying to save you that hassel. haha

I Think a UGA Red-Red-Silver vs UF Orange-Blue_Orange Cocktail Party would look amazing, so put me in the "i hope its color on color" boat.

I don't post to be believed, just to share what I know. To be fair, I only learned of the 2009 black jerseys about 8 hours before kickoff. But that was a completely different circumstance. I would be absolutely floored if that happened Saturday. Dooley has mentioned numerous times in public and private his distaste for these gimmicky uniforms.

The funny thing about the jerseys he sent back, they were identical to what we had last year.

I agree with you that some rivalries should be color-on-color, Georgia-Florida, Alabama-Tennessee, Alabama-Auburn, Ole Miss-Anyone, since they can go red or blue, etc. LSU should, of course, always be in white.

Here is a video showing the new Black uniform for Kentucky with the blue helmet. I have to say it look good.

Over used roman opera music.

Video about black uniforms that is 80% blue uniforms.

Kentucky football.

Three things that make a terrible video!

Kentucky started using that music during the Tim Couch era and it has stuck. I stated the video shows the full uniform (never said it was all about the uniform). You may think the video is terrible, but that is why you are a Georgia fan and not a Kentucky fan.

spacer.png

Here is a video showing the new Black uniform for Kentucky with the blue helmet. I have to say it look good.

Kentucky football.

Kentucky started using that music during the Tim Couch era and it has stuck. I stated the video shows the full uniform (never said it was all about the uniform). You may think the video is terrible, but that is why you are a Georgia fan and not a Kentucky fan.

Yes, there is a high correlation of people who hate videos being Georgia fans. :grin:

...I'm just pulling your leg. My three previous statements, however, are still completely serious.

Kentucky football.

Wait...seriously? An SEC fan complaining about Carmina Burana? (And, incidentally, Orff was German).

TCU is wearing black on black, with their matte logo and frog helmet. I like that helmet better than with only the letters.

I was never a fan of the frog-less TCU helmets. I guess they wanted to "un-cartoonify" their on-field identity much in the same way Arizona State did, but it just looks better with the frog there.

Archived