Texarkana Tigers

missouri tigers

TexarkanaTigers.png

My original idea was to have pinstripe uniforms, as kind of a reference to the teams' nickname, as well as to match the primary logo.

However, after playing around with it I decided to go with solid color unis.

The pinstripes just didn't turn out the way I Imagined. Plus I don't think that this identity is "Classic" enough to support pinstripes.

C&C would be Appreciated

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I've got to agree with the posted above. You can get away without a typical tiger head mark, but you have to at least play up on the name a bit. Have you considered using tiger stripes inside of the diamond instead of pinstripes (which you decided to go against anyways)?

Another glaring issue is the wordmark. Stylistically, it's great, but you need to make it a bit more uniform. The T, I, and E all seem to be upright, while the G, R and S all seem to be italicised in some way. I'd either make them all one or the other, otherwise it looks sloppy. Those little triangular divets could be shrinked to 1/2 of the size of they are now, I know what you were going for (I use them all the time, it creates a nice sort of depth), but it's breaking up the flow with the size that they are now. One last think with the wordmark, use some guidelines! I use Inkscape (and I'm assuming you do too, but you can do this in other programs), and when I need to have thinks straightened that are not directly on the X and Y plane, I create my own strokes and use it as a guide to manually adhjust everything so that it's on the same plane. you could use this most when it comes to your E, where the half-circle in the top half should create and invisible full circle with the bottom half, but the bottom half just out to the left and doesn't follow the uniform curve, if that makes sense. Just to illlustrate what I'm saying, I created this little graphic.

One last thing: your outlines. They look fine everywhere else but the cap logo. I've learned not to use the typical ouffset paths in Inkscape because they make everything look a bit sloppy, like the tail end of your T. The T looks fine in the primary, maybe if you could try and get rid of the point edge in the cap logo and make it more like the one in the primary it could look a little better.

This may seem like alot of criticism, but I think your work is great. I especially like what you did with the S in Tigers. Beautifully done.

Can't wait to see an update.

I've got to agree with the posted above. You can get away without a typical tiger head mark, but you have to at least play up on the name a bit. Have you considered using tiger stripes inside of the diamond instead of pinstripes (which you decided to go against anyways)?

Another glaring issue is the wordmark. Stylistically, it's great, but you need to make it a bit more uniform. The T, I, and E all seem to be upright, while the G, R and S all seem to be italicised in some way. I'd either make them all one or the other, otherwise it looks sloppy. Those little triangular divets could be shrinked to 1/2 of the size of they are now, I know what you were going for (I use them all the time, it creates a nice sort of depth), but it's breaking up the flow with the size that they are now. One last think with the wordmark, use some guidelines! I use Inkscape (and I'm assuming you do too, but you can do this in other programs), and when I need to have thinks straightened that are not directly on the X and Y plane, I create my own strokes and use it as a guide to manually adhjust everything so that it's on the same plane. you could use this most when it comes to your E, where the half-circle in the top half should create and invisible full circle with the bottom half, but the bottom half just out to the left and doesn't follow the uniform curve, if that makes sense. Just to illlustrate what I'm saying, I created this little graphic.

One last thing: your outlines. They look fine everywhere else but the cap logo. I've learned not to use the typical ouffset paths in Inkscape because they make everything look a bit sloppy, like the tail end of your T. The T looks fine in the primary, maybe if you could try and get rid of the point edge in the cap logo and make it more like the one in the primary it could look a little better.

This may seem like alot of criticism, but I think your work is great. I especially like what you did with the S in Tigers. Beautifully done.

Can't wait to see an update.

Thanks for all the suggestions and Input CJ. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out with my work, and I will definitly use some of your suggestions when I re work These logos.

I don't think that you are criticizing too much, I realize that you are just trying to help, and I'm very appreciative of that.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Just to illlustrate what I'm saying, I created this little graphic.

Not to hijack the thread by any means, but is there a way to make objects like the 2 triangles in your example "snap" to that guideline?

I'm sure there is, check out this link: http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Snapping.html

*insert A Canticle for Leibowitz joke here*

I get wheat you were going for, something of an olde timey look that doesn't necessarily reflect the team name (like we see with a lot of the older teams in the Majors). The problem is that the identity, while perhaps retro-inspired, is very modern and polished looking. As such it doesn't quite get away with excluding a visual reference to the team name.

I wouldn't go overboard with tiger stripes, or even suggest changing the colour scheme to black and orange. A simple tiger head logo for the sleeves and maybe an alternate cap would really go a long way though.

Archived