Pac-ing It In

TimEOBrien

To be honest, I kinda phoned this one in. It's basically what they wear these days (though slightly different) but it was the last set I was doing and I have no idea about Utah's history, what a 'Ute' is or where to go with their unis. So I made them the only solid red team in the Pac-12.

This would be the definition of "things to not publish". It's not hard to do a Google search, man. ^_^

These are pretty strong, but I'd like to see other views - for example, I'm assuming that the striping on the viewer's left side of the AZ uniform is red-white-blue (so looking straight on, the pant legs would appear mismathed) but can't really tell. Photoshopped models are great, but old-fashioned flat templates are sometimes easier to provide feedback from.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These are pretty strong, but I'd like to see other views - for example, I'm assuming that the striping on the viewer's left side of the AZ uniform is red-white-blue (so looking straight on, the pant legs would appear mismathed) but can't really tell. Photoshopped models are great, but old-fashioned flat templates are sometimes easier to provide feedback from.

The UA pants look just like these so red is in front on both sides.

I understand and agree with your comment about the flat templates but I just enjoy doing these so much more.

EDIT: Also, Sunlandic Twins is an amazing album. of Montreal is either my favorite or second favorite band (that's still together, sorry Nickel Creek and LCD Soundsystem).

I disagree with that pants design then. Since the helmet stripe is asymetrical, I think that whenever the player has his head turned, the pants stripe should match the helmet stripe since they're both vertical. Same with the compression sleeve stripe. It looks odd to look at the player's right side with his head facing you and seeing RWB on the helmet and then BWR on the sleeve and pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I disagree with that pants design then. Since the helmet stripe is asymetrical, I think that whenever the player has his head turned, the pants stripe should match the helmet stripe since they're both vertical. Same with the compression sleeve stripe. It looks odd to look at the player's right side with his head facing you and seeing RWB on the helmet and then BWR on the sleeve and pants.

actually, I really like that point. And since you can't see the right side of the player (his right side), I'm going to say that's how it is. Good Call.

The WSU gray helmet logo is backwards.. IMO I'm not really a fan of any of these to be honest. They are far to "procombatty" to be used as full time uniforms in my eyes. I feel like even though the jerseys are using "new" materials, I don't understand why teams can't implement decent looking "traditional" jerseys. Nike has done some great things for the sport, however in turn, theyve done just as many bad things.

My biggest gripe is the use of striping majorly on the undersleeves of players. I personally hated playing football with 1/2 slevees on the top.. IMO it would look horrible to have some player wear them and some players that do not.

Oh yeah, a Utes are an ethnically related group of American Indians that live primarily in Utah and Colorado.. Not to hard to google!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

I don't like the white socks with black shoes. Why not match the socks by making them black?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I disagree with your reasoning for de-emphasizing the cardinal red for Arizona. ASU's maroon shouldn't prevent us from wearing red, as it's an entirely different shade of red, and besides, cardinal red is one of Arizona's school colors. Both red and blue are mentioned in the fight song, even.

The WSU gray helmet logo is backwards.. IMO I'm not really a fan of any of these to be honest. They are far to "procombatty" to be used as full time uniforms in my eyes. I feel like even though the jerseys are using "new" materials, I don't understand why teams can't implement decent looking "traditional" jerseys. Nike has done some great things for the sport, however in turn, theyve done just as many bad things.

My biggest gripe is the use of striping majorly on the undersleeves of players. I personally hated playing football with 1/2 slevees on the top.. IMO it would look horrible to have some player wear them and some players that do not.

Oh yeah, a Utes are an ethnically related group of American Indians that live primarily in Utah and Colorado.. Not to hard to google!

If they're all too "procombatty" for you then every college football jersey is too "procombatty" to you. I mean, my USC and UCLA concepts are about as traditional as unis get these days. Now, if you don't like Oregon, OSU and Cal, that makes sense, but not everything I did is as outlandish as those.

As for the sleeves, I only used the compression shirt as a design element on 4 of 12 teams. Two of those (UA and ASU) are just small stripes that if missing (like, a player doesn't wear the compression shirt) the design would be almost completely unaffected. Now, OSU and Washington would loose somthing, but that is just 2 designs out of 12. I was just trying to add some variance.

And I looked up Ute before I did my design, I was sort of kidding about not knowing what a ute is (as an IU grad, people ask me all the time what a 'Hoosier' is, so...) but that didn't help me come up with any real design inspiration.

one complant with ASU add the PT 42 Patch it kinda our unique thing

I didn't do any patches, but I would definitely be for putting that on the ASU jerseys.

I don't like the white socks with black shoes. Why not match the socks by making them black?

Well, frankly, because that's a classic look that a few of the teams I did it to already sport. I like that look, especially on USC and UCLA. Maybe with Oregon I could go all white or crazy colors but I just decided not to.

I disagree with your reasoning for de-emphasizing the cardinal red for Arizona. ASU's maroon shouldn't prevent us from wearing red, as it's an entirely different shade of red, and besides, cardinal red is one of Arizona's school colors. Both red and blue are mentioned in the fight song, even.

I de-emphasized red, I did not get rid of it.

I just think - just like in BBall - UA should have blue as their go-to home color and use red as an alternate, not the other way around. UA and ASU's reds are so different that if they went color on color (red on red) for a game, I doubt many would have a hard time figuring out who was who, but I think blue as the regular home uni helps create a stronger independent identity, that's all.

Yeah it's not a dig at all on your concept.. Just IMO, I think Nike in general is getting away from being tradition and is just being modern to be modern I guess? A lot of the stripes and jersey helmets are let's say, unconnected to one another as well as the teams... This was more of a gripe towards this kind of jersey design, not your designs to be exact! I just disagree with going modern for the sake of going modern.. It's late and this post is a lot of rambling my apologies..

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Ok, so people aren't really responding so Every Day I'm gunna throw up all the images of a team I have over at my site. I've already done colorado so today I'll do UW:

With the Huskies, I removed any black or modern stripes. Instead, I put the Huskies' alternate logo on the shoulders and their TV numbers on the compression sleeves. I also gave them a unique and thin number font and gold pants as the go-to road pants.

Huskies_NPCwH_H_1.jpg

Huskies_NPCwH_R_1.jpg

Huskies_NPCwH_R_2.jpg

Today, Oregon State:

The Beavers may have started the whole, "stripes on the compression shirt," fad, but they looked so good, I decided to bring that look along with modern numbers and logos. To differentiate OSU even more, I made orange the Home uni and left the black jersey as the alternate. I downplay the cartoon beaver logo and this is the only Pac-12 design in which I use full length socks. This could become an iconic look for the Beavers.

Beavers_NPCwH_H_1.jpg

Beavers_NPCwH_R_1.jpg

Beavers_NPCwH_H_3.jpg

Beavers_NPCwH_H_2.jpg

Archived