MOST BORING/EXCITING AFC & NFC PLAYOFFS

wdm1219inpenna

Based on the logos & colors of the 2011 NFL helmets (non-throwbacks & non-alternates), what would be the most boring looking AFC field of 6 for the AFC playoffs, keeping in mind 4 division champs & 2 wildcard berths...

AFC East - Jets (white helmet, green oval)

AFC North - Ravens (black helmet, goofy "B" bird)

AFC South - Jaguars (black helmet, jag head)

AFC West - Chargers (white helmet, yellow bolt)

Wildcard - Browns (orange helmet, no logo)

Wildcard - Colts (white helmet, blue horseshoe)

Most exciting would be

AFC East - Patriots (silver helmet, colorful logo)

AFC North - Steelers (black helmet but the logo is very colorful, even though it's only on one side)

AFC South - Titans (white helmet, somewhat colorful logo)

AFC West - Broncos (dark blue helmet, white horse head, orange mane)

Wildcard - Bengals (orange helmet & black stripes)

Wildcadr - Chiefs (red helmet, only NFL team to have red helmets now again)

NFC boring:

NFC East - Eagles (hate the midnight green color, wish they'd go to a mix of it and the old kelly green look)

NFC North - Chicago Bears (dark helmet, an orange "C")

NFC South - Falcons (black helmet, white outline of the Falcon, though it's better now than the previous one)

NFC West - Rams (I really wish they'd keep their current uniform set, but make the blue royal blue and the old gold into yellow/gold again)

NFC Wildcard - Seahawks - (Darkish helmet)

NFC Wildcard - Cardinals - (white helmet, head logo)

NFC Exciting:

NFC East - Cowboys (metallic blue helmet, the star)

NFC North - Vikings (purple power!)

NFC South - Bucs (love the helmet logo & the pewter helmet)

NFC West - 49ers (esp. if they had their early 80s helmets, plus process of elimination as I used the other 3 NFC West teams for the "blah" category)

NFC Wildcard - Packers (that stark yellow helmet just jumps out at you

NFC Wildcard - Redskins (love they have their own unique colored helmet, and the logo is still a classic to me

What are yours?

Based on the logos & colors of the 2011 NFL helmets (non-throwbacks & non-alternates), what would be the most boring looking AFC field of 6 for the AFC playoffs, keeping in mind 4 division champs & 2 wildcard berths...

What are yours?

Most Boring:

AFC East - Jets

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Jaguars

AFC West - Chiefs

Wildcard - Browns

Wildcard - Raiders

Most Exciting:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Bengals

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Chargers

Wildcard - Broncos

Wildcard - Titans

Most Boring

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Bears

NFC South - Panthers

NFC West - 49ers

Wildcard - Redskins

Wildcard - Giants

Most Exciting

NFC East - Eagles

NFC North - Vikings

NFC South - Buccaneers

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcard - Falcons

Wildcard - Lions

spacer.png

Until a football helmet can catch or throw a pass, I don't know if I could put any into an "exciting" category.

What I find most interesting about the post is your mention of the Chiefs being the only team with a red helmet. That's more than a little shocking for a color as popular in the world as red. I would think there'd be more.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

So the Packers' bright yellow helmet jumps out at you and lands in the exciting category, but the Browns' bright orange helmet, which is just as impactful and more unique than the Packers' helmet, lands in the boring category. I'm going to stop there because this thread is preposterous.

I'd actually argue that the Browns' lid is the most impactful helmet in the league because it is a solid, bright color. Other than the Eagles, Bengals and Rams, all 28 other helmets feature a logo on the side. Real original.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So the Packers' bright yellow helmet jumps out at you and lands in the exciting category, but the Browns' bright orange helmet, which is just as impactful and more unique than the Packers' helmet, lands in the boring category. I'm going to stop there because this thread is preposterous.

I'd actually argue that the Browns' lid is the most impactful helmet in the league because it is a solid, bright color. Other than the Eagles, Bengals and Rams, all 28 other helmets feature a logo on the side. Real original.

It wasn't most unique helmet, it was most exciting. Still, I don't know how a helmet can be exciting.

If it was the most unique helmets, the only real qualifiers are:

Bengals

Browns

Eagles

Jaguars

Rams

Seahaws

Steelers

Vikings

And not all of those are even good, which is what really matters.

Riatt.png

It wasn't most unique helmet, it was most exciting. Still, I don't know how a helmet can be exciting.

If it was the most unique helmets, the only real qualifiers are:

Bengals

Browns

Eagles

Jaguars

Rams

Seahaws

Steelers

Vikings

And not all of those are even good, which is what really matters.

Sure, but read the second part. What's more exciting/impactful than solid orange? There's a reason cones, barrels and warning signs are often solid orange.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What are yours?

Most Boring:

AFC East - Jets

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Jaguars

AFC West - Chiefs

Wildcard - Browns

Wildcard - Raiders

Most Exciting:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Bengals

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Chargers

Wildcard - Broncos

Wildcard - Titans

Most Boring

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Bears

NFC South - Panthers

NFC West - 49ers

Wildcard - Redskins

Wildcard - Giants

Most Exciting

NFC East - Eagles

NFC North - Vikings

NFC South - Buccaneers

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcard - Falcons

Wildcard - Lions

Gee, you managed to fit all of your favorite teams in there. Strange. Too bad Kentucky doesn't play in the NFL...you could've had a decent straight.

newsig.jpg

What are yours?

Most Boring:

AFC East - Jets

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Jaguars

AFC West - Chiefs

Wildcard - Browns

Wildcard - Raiders

Most Exciting:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Bengals

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Chargers

Wildcard - Broncos

Wildcard - Titans

Most Boring

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Bears

NFC South - Panthers

NFC West - 49ers

Wildcard - Redskins

Wildcard - Giants

Most Exciting

NFC East - Eagles

NFC North - Vikings

NFC South - Buccaneers

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcard - Falcons

Wildcard - Lions

Gee, you managed to fit all of your favorite teams in there. Strange. Too bad Kentucky doesn't play in the NFL...you could've had a decent straight.

I take it your upset because I said your Cowboys were boring?

spacer.png

Based solely upon helmet design, here is what I would consider the optimal NFL playoff field:

AFC East - Miami Dolphins

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South - Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West - Denver Broncos

AFC Wildcards - New England Patriots and San Diego Chargers

NFC East - Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North - Detroit Lions

NFC South - Atlanta Falcons

NFC West - Seattle Seahawks

NFC Wildcards - St. Louis Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Based solely upon helmet design, here is what I would consider the optimal NFL playoff field:

AFC East - Miami Dolphins

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South - Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West - Denver Broncos

AFC Wildcards - New England Patriots and San Diego Chargers

NFC East - Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North - Detroit Lions

NFC South - Atlanta Falcons

NFC West - Seattle Seahawks

NFC Wildcards - St. Louis Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

That is a great list!

spacer.png