thespleenenator's B1G concepts

thespleenenator

I like the pants striping and the underline on the numbers. Took me a second to figure out why you did it, but once it sunk in I liked it.

Don't really like the helmet or helmet logo, and you should have TV numbers instead of the 'I' on the sleeve. If you're going to use the 'I', put numbers on the helmet. For Illinois, I don't recommend that.

Maybe try having striping that resembles the pants on the helmet?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the pants striping and the underline on the numbers. Took me a second to figure out why you did it, but once it sunk in I liked it.

Don't really like the helmet or helmet logo, and you should have TV numbers instead of the 'I' on the sleeve. If you're going to use the 'I', put numbers on the helmet. For Illinois, I don't recommend that.

Maybe try having striping that resembles the pants on the helmet?

Well, it's a good thing I underlined the numbers, because I was seriously considering those a big risk. I'm not very fond of the helmet either. I thinking about either just putting the Illinois on it, or putting the state on alone. I thought about putting the pants stripe, but I thought that might be overload.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Okay, since no one's gonna say it:

WTF is with the underlines? I don't get it. It looks weird with the italics, too, because it makes everything look even more off center.

It mimics the Illinois script.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

WTF is with the underlines? I don't get it. It looks weird with the italics, too, because it makes everything look even more off center.

I'm not a moron, I can see that. But WHY?

When you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers. Why? Clearly to unify the logo and the numbers. I got it. I kinda like it too.

When you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers. Why? Clearly to unify the logo and the numbers. I got it. I kinda like it too.

God forbid it should look good. It looks lost, it looks out of place to me. Of course, if I don't agree, it's "stupid." Right.

God forbid it should look good. It looks lost, it looks out of place to me. Of course, if I don't agree, it's "stupid." Right.

Well, it looks like it's just a case of personal taste at this point. Considering most people seem to like it, and because it'e unique, which is what you told me to do, I'm going to keep it. Thank you for all of the positive feedback. I was beginning to think I was incapable of making good concepts no matter what I do. I can tell you, I'm going to continue this!

Maybe not an appropriate response, but I was asking a legitimate question-- not my fault Captain Angry hopped in here and got his panties in a bunch.

So, my stance still remains, I don't like the underline. Perhaps you can adjust how it's centered on the uniform to make it look a little less awkward. Again, this is just my opinion, not an "aloof" statement of omnipotence.

I'll continue watching this thread, but I'll avoid commenting. I'd hate to come off as a douche. And spleen, I have called you a troll one time, way back. Stop exaggerating.

Gotta agree with drdoug that the underline doesn't work. Makes the numbers look way off center. And if you really wanna keep it you should make it thicker...right now it looks about the same thickness as the helmet underline, even though the numbers are way bigger than the ILLINOIS script.

Agree with aci that TV numbers would look much better on the sleeves, and that if you're going to use that pants striping (which could really be cleaned up...the white should be a zig-zag line, not diamonds) you should use it elsewhere too.

You've still got issues color the collar, and I'm not sure why you chose to use that design on the pants but nowhere else on the uniform. Right now the helmet, jersey, and pants all look like they belong to a different uniform set. There is no continuity except for the underline, which isnt good continuity.

I also think for orange on white, when the team has a color scheme of orange and blue, that giving the numerals an outline would help the look.

It's ok, better. Maybe it's my distaste for the underline italic Illinois, but if your going to use it as a logo, I like how you incorporated it into the whole uniform.

I like the stripes haha but I can't imagine why (http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=80181&st=0&p=1541815entry1541815)

Let's see some more options, home away alt. All the combinations...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived