Do you have your own Madden League?

Ez Street

I have a 32 team league consisting of Kansas teams. For me it was hard finding 32 Kansas cities that could be realistic to have a football team. I customized all the teams using logos I've have "Collected". It's pretty cool, the first year I took control of the Senaca Bobcats and went undefeated. Does anyone else have a similar league. I know of CFL version, but i didn't know if anyone else did one for they're state or something.

i've done that with twenty teams that I made up over ten years ago, although I don't like the madden uniform design and it is horribly frustrating when you have to settle for something that only looks kind of like what you designed.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I have 3 different leagues on mine. They are a combination CFA/MLF league, an NFL league, and a league made up of old school defunct pro teams brought into the modern era.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I have an 8-team rival league called the United Football League (though I may call it a "gridiron" league). I decided to go the old AFL route and have my teams in non-NFL cities, play games from September to January and adjust the weather accordingly.

The teams are in Birmingham, Columbus, Connecticut (New Haven), LA, Milwaukee, New York (cuz the Giants & Jets play in Jersey), Norfolk and San Jose. I even based the stadiums on actual venues, so you actually see "Ohio State" in the end zones at Columbus or the UAB Dragon at the middle of Birmingham's stadium (Leigon Field).

But what's even more furstrating than the unis is when you try to recreate real stadiums. Having an 80,000 seat venue isn't so bad when you're making Ohio Stadium or Leigon Field, but that's twice as big as Miller Park and almost three times as big as Spartan Stadium or Price Stadium (Norfolk State).

Your Kansas state league idea sounds cool though. If you're having trouble finding 32 cities that could have football teams, but 2 in KC. For a league on that small of a scale, it's concievable that a city the size of KC could support 2 teams.

I may just try the same thing with Wisconsin.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Your Kansas state league idea sounds cool though. If you're having trouble finding 32 cities that could have football teams, but 2 in KC and STL. For a league on that small of a scale, it's concievable that the bigger cities could support 2 teams.

Believe it or not, St. Louis is not one of Kansas's largest cities. Matter of fact, it's not even in Kansas.

:P

Your Kansas state league idea sounds cool though. If you're having trouble finding 32 cities that could have football teams, but 2 in KC and STL. For a league on that small of a scale, it's concievable that the bigger cities could support 2 teams.

Believe it or not, St. Louis is not one of Kansas's largest cities. Matter of fact, it's not even in Kansas.

G** D*****!!! Me of all people should know better than that.

I was thinking of a stupid post I saw awhile back at another board about how "the entire state of Kansas will rejoice when the Rams beat the Packers" and had a braincramp.

I blame Kansas City... if they knew how to stay in one state, this would never have happened.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Your Kansas state league idea sounds cool though.  If you're having trouble finding 32 cities that could have football teams, but 2 in KC and STL.  For a league on that small of a scale, it's concievable that the bigger cities could support 2 teams.

Yeah St.Louis isn't good enough for Kansas :)

Later i'll list all of my cities and teams. Just cause i want to.

Well Of course I have posted about my CFL league here & elswhere and have heard of others doing thta since I'v been on line about it...

I also have a CFL with 16 Canadian teams and 16 US teams including the actual US based teams from the 90's--then I creted some more--I plan to post those after the 32 team CFL...

On 2002 since you can have leagues of 6, 12, 18, 24, or 31 teams I also had a

-6 leteam league of English Football teams featuring the 4 mentioned in Monty Python's "Comunist Quiz Show" + 2 others

-12 team CFL

-18 team provincial league--similar to the all Kansas league, but I used the towns, not cities, except for a few very small ones

-24 CFL Canada/US league

Of course the Canada/US league became the 32 team one I mentioned, as the 12 team CFL became a 31 then 32 team one...

I also did a team based on the TV show, "The Prisoner" but never had a league for it...

Glad to see others like to do this too---I think I like making up the teams better than playing the games--but I enjoy that as well, I find it a great way to relax at the end of the day...

Maybe I'll post a list of all the team names I've created--just a list though--I no longer have some of the logos I used...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Kansas Football League Line-Up...

Abeline Stampede

Andover Storm

Arkansas City Owls

Atchison Aviators

Burlington Beavers

Coffeyville Miners

Colby Gamecocks

Dodge City Dudes

Emporia Stallions

Garden City Aztecs

Goodland Grizzlies

Greatbend Griffins

Hays Padres

Hiawatha Thunder

Holton Hawks

Hutchinson Huskies

Junction City Jaguars

Lawrence Legends

Leavenworth Convicts

Liberal Lugnuts

Lindsborg Vikings

Manhattan Mauraders

Ottawa Wolves

Perry Frogs

Pittsbrugh Pack

Chanute Kings

Russell Bison

Salina Stags

Senaca Bobcats

Topeka Terror

Ulyssess Sting

Wichita Wildcats

Seeing as how i only have MAdden on a platform, can you import logos in the PC version? If so, man do i have a boring couple nights coming, cause as said before, i like making teams and uniforms better than playing the game. I also made up leagues, based somewhat on the old WLAF, XFL, arena and any bastardizations that i materialized in my head along the way. I remember being in the 5th grade like 20 years ago and making football fields out of notebook paper for the six teams i had then. Then it moved to 12 and the last time i looked through my notebook i kept them in it was up to 36 and fixing to contract as i remember. They even had championship games for 60 years or so. Man i must have been bored. Oh well.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Seeing as how i only have MAdden on a platform, can you import logos in the PC version? If so, man do i have a boring couple nights coming, cause as said before, i like making teams and uniforms better than playing the game. I also made up leagues, based somewhat on the old WLAF, XFL, arena and any bastardizations that i materialized in my head along the way. I remember being in the 5th grade like 20 years ago and making football fields out of notebook paper for the six teams i had then. Then it moved to 12 and the last time i looked through my notebook i kept them in it was up to 36 and fixing to contract as i remember. They even had championship games for 60 years or so. Man i must have been bored. Oh well.

Yea, you can import logos, helmets, end zone art and midfield art in the PC version. And Madden 04 is only $20 at Best Buy right now.

snappers_sig.gif

Kansas Football League Line-Up...

Abeline Stampede

Andover Storm

Arkansas City Owls

Atchison Aviators

Burlington Beavers

Coffeyville Miners

Colby Gamecocks

Dodge City Dudes

Emporia Stallions

Garden City Aztecs

Goodland Grizzlies

Greatbend Griffins

Hays Padres

Hiawatha Thunder

Holton Hawks

Hutchinson Huskies

Junction City Jaguars

Lawrence Legends

Leavenworth Convicts

Liberal Lugnuts

Lindsborg Vikings

Manhattan Mauraders

Ottawa Wolves

Perry Frogs

Pittsbrugh Pack

Chanute Kings

Russell Bison

Salina Stags

Senaca Bobcats

Topeka Terror

Ulyssess Sting

Wichita Wildcats

Hiawatha Thunder has a cool ring to it. But I think I would've preferred another name for Dodge City like Marshalls, Desparados or Ghosts.

But howcome KC doesn't have a team?

snappers_sig.gif

Hiawatha Thunder has a cool ring to it. But I think I would've preferred another name for Dodge City like Marshalls, Desparados or Ghosts.

But howcome KC doesn't have a team?

i don't really know why i didn't do a team for KC. I just wanted the other "Smaller" towns to be in it i guess.

Okay--I'll spill the beans early--

32 team CFL league--featuring the current 9 CFL teams and 23 others--keep in mind my goal was to have at least one team in each province and territory--I also made some choices based on geography--

so by division

Calgary Stampeders

Edmonton Eskimos

Medicine Hat Hawks

Red Deer Rattlers

----------------------------

BC (Vancouver) Lions

Okanagan Sun

Prince George Cougars

Victoria Royals

Saskatchewan (Regina) Roughriders

Saskatoon Huskies

Thunder Bay Superiors

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

--------------------------------

Yukon Grizzlies

Yellowknife Polar Bears

Nunavut Narwhals

Thompson Musk Oxen

Toronto Argonauts

Hamilton Tiger Cats

Windsor Warriors

Sudbury Porcupines

--------------------------------

Ottawa Renegades

Montreal Alouettes

Quebec (City) Ramparts

Sherbrooke Pumas

---------------------------------

New Brunswick Auks

Halifax Schooners

Cape Breton Seals

PEI Panthers

---------------------------------

Newfoundland Puffins

Labrador Caribou

Chicouitimi Bulls

Rimouski Sharks

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived