New College concept

bucknut40

I have always wanted to do this so I decided to try it. This is the logo and colors. I took the bear head from an actual picture of a bear and the yellow and green is off the different shadows of the bear. The colors are Green and Yellow. I have always liked those colors and I think it willl go well with bears. The location is Northern Michigan in a city TBD.

LakeBearsLogos.png

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

The logos need a lot of work. They're very rough, but there is potential there. The bear looks too calm, and the colors the way they are look like he got a pot of honey dumped on his head. Use photos of bears as reference and break it down into shadows and highlights to create more definition in the face.

By the way, there is already a Northern Michigan University. They're called the Wildcats and they're from Marquette, MI.

The logos need a lot of work. They're very rough, but there is potential there. The bear looks too calm, and the colors the way they are look like he got a pot of honey dumped on his head. Use photos of bears as reference and break it down into shadows and highlights to create more definition in the face.

By the way, there is already a Northern Michigan University. They're called the Wildcats and they're from Marquette, MI.

I will try that and hopefully have a reworked version up tonight, and darn i thought id have no troubles with Northern Michigan name haha....thanks for the CC

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Your logos are far from the worst I've seen.

Look at pictures of actual bears, and more importantly- study sports logos that interest you and focus on the techniques and features of those logos to help you get some ideas on how you want your logo to look. There's a lot more advise I could give on creating logos, but I'd just be saying what has already been said a million times here.

Also, you should consider adding a logo that displays the initials of the university rather than just having three logos loosely connected with no lettering.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Look at pictures of actual bears, and more importantly- study sports logos that interest you and focus on the techniques and features of those logos to help you get some ideas on how you want your logo to look. There's a lot more advise I could give on creating logos, but I'd just be saying what has already been said a million times here.

Also, you should consider adding a logo that displays the initials of the university rather than just having three logos loosely connected with no lettering.

I apreciate the advice, but I do have a ?, would you have any advice as to how i would design a logo in paint.

also I was going to make some word mark and intials, but i wasnt sure if my name was final or not.

#RaiderUp

I apreciate the advice, but I do have a ?, would you have any advice as to how i would design a logo in paint.

also I was going to make some word mark and intials, but i wasnt sure if my name was final or not.

One thing I do is I pencil a design, go over it in pen when it's what I want and then take a picture with my camera on my phone. I then walk it into paint and I make the pencil red and trace out my pen marks. I then make the red marks white. I then go to attributes, change from colors to black and white. Then I turn attributes back to color, invert so it's black pen on white and go about fixing any open spots and then coloring the logo in with the drop tool. Hope that's clear as mud and helps.

One thing I do is I pencil a design, go over it in pen when it's what I want and then take a picture with my camera on my phone. I then walk it into paint and I make the pencil red and trace out my pen marks. I then make the red marks white. I then go to attributes, change from colors to black and white. Then I turn attributes back to color, invert so it's black pen on white and go about fixing any open spots and then coloring the logo in with the drop tool. Hope that's clear as mud and helps.

yeah that helps a ton, I am definantly trying that, thank you

#RaiderUp

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing what comes out of that. Also, Inkscape, as far as I have tinkered with it, really cleans up the look but draw the item large and resize with irfanview or something like that. It'll make it look a ton better that way.

Everybody trolls. Bucknut, I wish you good luck. You will hear much things like that guys say. Not care if the criticism isn't construtive.

Now, to the C&C.

1- The logo needs an outline.

2- I Believe that exists better fonts than 4th and inches in the world. Block or Sans are Good

3- You have two alternates but any wordmark. All major sports teams have a wordmark. Try something "Wild"

4- IMO, that tones of green and yellow not match, But is IMO.

Everybody trolls. Bucknut, I wish you good luck. You will hear much things like that guys say. Not care if the criticism isn't construtive.

Now, to the C&C.

2- I Believe that exists better fonts than 4th and inches in the world. Block or Sans are Good

3- You have two alternates but any wordmark. All major sports teams have a wordmark. Try something "Wild"

Much apreciated, and due to some commitments over the weekend i wasn't able to work on this but a wordmark is in the process

#RaiderUp

• 2 weeks later...

Now, to the C&C.

Much apreciated, and due to some commitments over the weekend i wasn't able to work on this but a wordmark is in the process

Still Hope to see it

Now, to the C&C.

Still Hope to see it

I have it done, but I keep getting an error message everytime a log in on my home computer or my laptop. I am on a public computer now and it lets me in. As soon as i figure out whats wrong ill post it....maybe someone can help me with this problem?

#RaiderUp

Archived