So if the Utah Utes do well this year..

mkg74

Does this make a case for the MWC being viewed as a tougher conference then what it's been taken to task for?, does it make a great case for Boise St in it's run for a championship?

Because essentialy, this years team would have to be considered a top flight MWC squad as the full effect of PAC membership won't be felt til either '12 or '13

And i mean say they go, 10-2 or 11-1 this year and make it to the pac championship game at least

Chime in folks!!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

This really didn't need a separate thread.

Anyway, comparing the 2011 Utah Utes to the 2010 Mtn, is ridiculous. They aren't the same thing, and Utah doing well will only prove that Utah is a good team.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Also note, the 2 Pac-12 teams Utah is not playing is Oregon and Stanford, undoubtedly the 2 best teams in the Pac-12.

Oregon got jobbed by LSU(beating Nevada and Missouri Tech, puleaze!), Who has Stanford played so far?

:P

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Also note, the 2 Pac-12 teams Utah is not playing is Oregon and Stanford, undoubtedly the 2 best teams in the Pac-12.

Oregon got jobbed by LSU(beating Nevada and Missouri Tech, puleaze!), Who has Stanford played so far?

Ok, so who do you think is the best team in the Pac-12?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Tough to call, USC doesn't count. So as of right now, UTAH!!. Their Defense is very tough.

I think Oregon/Stanford would have a rough time against their D. Guess we'll see in December.

Yep, i'm calling it now, The Pac-12 south will be won by the Utes.

I thought drug use was a death penalty offense in Utah.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tough to call, USC doesn't count. So as of right now, UTAH!!. Their Defense is very tough.

I think Oregon/Stanford would have a rough time against their D. Guess we'll see in December.

Yep, i'm calling it now, The Pac-12 south will be won by the Utes.

Utah lost to USC, and did dismally against Montana State (at least our FCS, which was MIssouri STATE, not tech, was absolutely slaughtered). Calling them the best team in the Pac-12 is laughable. Best in the south? Possibly. If they can keep up their strong running game, they'll be a tough team. Best team ins the Pac-12? That's a major stretch.

Dude....as die-hard of a Utes fan I am, in no way can I say that they're the best team in the Pac-12, or even top 2, 3, maybe 4. The Montana State game worried me a bit, USC beat us head to head, and you never know what Jordan Wynn will do at every snap. He lacks the consistency that other great Ute QB's like Johnson and Smith excelled with. It took him (and the rest of the team, for that matter) seemingly forever for him to heat up against BYU - keep in mind, the bulk of thier 54 points came in the second half. Against a more superior opponent (which you'll find a few in the Pac-12), they'll have a much tougher time picking things up like they did against the Cougs.

As you can see by my signature, I'm a VERY hopeful man when it comes to the Utes. Realistically, though? I do think the Utes have some work to do before they can be considered a top team in the Pac-12. It will happen eventually, but realistically speaking, I'm not sure it's now.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nobody looks mid season form in the first game, they gave a pretty reasonable account of themselves at USC, nobody can deny that fact. And if that's the best team on their schedule, then things are looking brightly for the Utes.

The PAC-12 is in a shambles. It's not far fectched to say Utah can take the south. The only team left on the schedule that makes me remotedly nervous is ASU, that one is at home. Home cookin' prevails there.

How many bad teams do we have in the PAC-12(?):

Colorado

WSU(yeah, SDSU jobbed them hard)

Washington

UCLA

OSU

Arizona

Cal(their non-conference schedule wasen't too impressive, the jury is out on them. Let's see when they face a quality opponent)

Some pretty bad MWC bottom feeders there ;)

Oh wait, we're in the PAC now doh! :P

See you guys in December when we're breaking down the Utah vs Oregon/Stanford winner

Oregon got jobbed by LSU(beating Nevada and Missouri

Tech, puleaze!), Who has Stanford played so far?

Arizona!

Seriously though, we were there with them in the first half but was god awful in the 2nd. I honestly think that we have enough talent to with the South, but I swear the Cats are the kings of mental errors. Also for the third straight year, we essentially have no kicking game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Oregon got jobbed by LSU(beating Nevada and Missouri

Tech, puleaze!), Who has Stanford played so far?

Arizona!

Seriously though, we were there with them in the first half but was god awful in the 2nd. I honestly think that we have enough talent to with the South, but I swear the Cats are the kings of mental errors. Also for the third straight year, we essentially have no kicking game.

Heart, not talent wins games. AZ lacks in the former :P

Archived